LX/RRD Wicks in Container Candles

I am just starting to test LX and RRD wicks in container candles with J50 wax. I am doing 8oz jjs and 16oz wide mouth ball jars. Does anyone have suggestions for where to start with these. I looked at some wick comparison charts and they suggested LX 14 and RRD 40 for a 2-3" diam and when doing a search I found some are using this for votives. I thought of trying the LX 18 and RRD 47. If I used JS Blueberry Cobbler FO, does this sound right or should I start with LX20/RRD50? TIA for any advice :D

I just tested the square mason with Ocean Mist from Carolina and an LX 18. The sides took a while to catch up, so I am going to try the next size up to see how it burns. But the burn was nice and had minimal soot on the side where the wick leans. Good throw too. I think an 18 might be a good place to start, since it seemed a little small for my jar (which I usually wick one size up from the regular JJ). Now, I am pretty sure that Blueberry Cobbler from JS is an oil I had to wick up on, but I don't have my notes in front of me at the moment.

Thanks for all the replies. Okay I looked through all my FO's and almost all have either cinnamon or vanilla. Guess I need to try something other than food scents huh. But they smell sooooo good. :D

I did the blueberry with a RRD47 and RRD50 and LX 18 and LX20.

I tried mulberry spice (cuz its much lighter) with a RRD 40 and LX 16 and LX18.

I'll try testing today after the kids' football games (it's pouring and the field is a mud pit). I'll be ready for some candles and wine when I get home.