Calling all Tart makers

Mozzie

I use 50/50 OK6228 and J223 and don't need to do a repour...ever. They come out with smooth tops and no dips every time and not picky with the temp I pour at. I can pour anywhere between 160 and 185 and they come out the same every time. It's a very forgiving and very easy combo of wax to work with.:wink2: I just had a thought...Could be the tart molds that I use as the reason for this. They are not your standard molds. Mine are almost exactly like Yankee candles but about 1/4" wider in diameter and the depth appears about the same. The standards are quite deep compared to the ones I use, that's probably why you guys might need to do a repour.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

HI,have you used your wilton mold long?I used them too until-the the molds smelled better than my tarts.The mold after some use seemed to absorb the scent from the tart and the tarts did not scent.weird!changed back to my old mold and the my tarts are wonderful again.Is it just me?:confused:

hawaiiansun & Fern you say you get a awesome scent throw with your mix of 6228 & J223?? I've been using KY's tart wax now for a while and maybe it's me but it just don't seem to be throwing like I use too. I don't know maybe candle nose?? but I don't think so I'm not doing this at all like I use too. Full time job takes up most of my time now. So I was thinking...... I had both those waxes down in my work room. I ran down there and mixed up a little and used Peaks Black Raspberry Vanilla & Juicy Pineapple (not together). I can't wait to try them but when those scents hit the wax it was like "WOW". I hope once the tarts set up and I can burn them the hot throw is as good as it was when it hit the wax. I can smell both of the scents on me right now and I know I didn't spill any one me. TY for the tip!!

• 2 weeks later...
I use 50/50 OK6228 and J223 and don't need to do a repour...ever. They come out with smooth tops and no dips every time and not picky with the temp I pour at. I can pour anywhere between 160 and 185 and they come out the same every time. It's a very forgiving and very easy combo of wax to work with.:wink2: I just had a thought...Could be the tart molds that I use as the reason for this. They are not your standard molds. Mine are almost exactly like Yankee candles but about 1/4" wider in diameter and the depth appears about the same. The standards are quite deep compared to the ones I use, that's probably why you guys might need to do a repour.

Hi Fern & Hawaiinsun,

Can I ask which supplier the OK6228 & J223 are purchased from?

Thanks!!!