question on hp and cp

Jo Ann

There are some soapers out there that can do hp that looks very much like cp. I don't happen to be one of them. For me cp is smoother, easier to do what I want to do with colors and less intense. I do from time to time do an oven method of hp that I learned from another board, cook the soap in the pot in the oven and it has worked well for me in the past if I am using southern garden molds and a tough fo.

Again it think it is personal preference and I have seen some wonderful hot process soaps.

I just like how cp comes out way smoother. Even if I could do hp that looked like cp I wouldn't, for me it takes too long & I don't care for the smell of cooking oils in my home. Cindym is right though it's so much easier more time to play with colors and additives.

I think i am gonna try a small batch of cp tomorrow. now what i have available for molds is shoe boxes, plastic drawer deviders and possibly a milk carton. lined with freezer paper, are these able to hold up to the heating process of cp?

great. do you use thermometers in making your cp. i mix my lye outside so i don't need anything to help cool it. i leave it there till i mix the oils.

my stir stick broke cuz it was cheap, so will have to stir by hand.

You will need to use a thermometer unless you are soaping at room temp.