My votives always look terrible!!

It takes a bit of practice to make a nice looking votive so don't give up yet. The candletech instructions suggestion from topofmurrayhill is a good one.

I found that I finally got my tops to look nice by making a careful repour. You want to just pour a single layer to cover the top but not go over the sides. I think all you need is a little more practice-- and read thru the instructions they are very helpful.:D

I don't "put the holes" in my votives. When you do the repour be sure your wax is hotter than initial pour. I have found pouring a small amount at a time until I got used to it was easier than trying to pour a large amount. Use the small pour pitcher, that way you are closer to the votives and you can control the "flow" coming out of your pitcher. Pour slow and with a steady hand, which is hard to do when you are tired :laugh2: Really it just takes patience and practice. You will get it.

My first pour has to be a teeny-tiny (please excuse the technical term :D ) below the top of mold so that my second pour does not start leaking out of one side before the other side is full.

It is also very important that your table is level...........:laugh2:

It took alot of practice, and there are some days that just don't want to go smoothly, but all in all, I think we have it down.