MillCreek Soy Container Wax

hehe!

Oh you would LOVE soapmaking!! SOOOO many different oils/butters/colors......SOOOO many different fo/eo's...whew!

If you are careful,it is fine.It is very fun and very addictive.

<snip>

If you ever need any help,I would be more than happy to help you out with the soapmaking.

Oh man....just stop! You are soooo making me want to try. I actually even have a basic soap kit sitting in my candle storage room right now. It has a wooden mold and a few oils and butters. I have tons of EO's and FO's too. I've been buying my homemade soap from a fantastic soapmaker in OH for about 4 or 5 years now and I guess because she's so good that I could never even come close to what she makes. I appreciate you offering to help me out. I may just have to take you up on that offer. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me before Christmas!!

Hi guys! You would need to add 0.48 oz of BW to 16 oz of soy for a 3% BW load, or just a hair under 1/2 oz per lb.

BTW I got my sample scents from MC :bliss: and they smell great! I made a 20 oz tureen with 8% FO load using the Cocoa Cappucino, and the cold throw for two days cure is decent. Will wick it up this Wednesday and check the hot throw.

Thanks Geekrunner! That helps tremendously ... I just didn't want to mess this up. I took a good guess. I just finished pouring Magenta Nectar (OMGoodness is this one yummy), Coconut Groove, Litsea and Basil and Hillbilly Homebew (another YUM). They all are smelling so great right now. My husband would think I was baking if he were home. I can't wait to test them. I think I'm going to have to get some more MillCreek scents to test ... they are really fab.

BTW I got my sample scents from MC :bliss: and they smell great! I made a 20 oz tureen with 8% FO load using the Cocoa Cappucino, and the cold throw for two days cure is decent. Will wick it up this Wednesday and check the hot throw.

So you like the cocoa cappucino? I wanted to get it but was scared to. I'm the only one I know IRL (it seems) that likes the chocolate scents.

Jennifer are you using a digital scale? I would recommend it as its a lifesaver/easier to get exact measures to the tenth place (.9). I was in need of a new one as FO ate the last one, so I bought one at Walmart in the mailing supplies section (postal scale). Then I was in Target and found a 29.99 digtal food scale w/ bowl marked down to 7.98 !!!!

Other AWESOME scents (IMO):

Berry Creme Brulee (can't believe I forgot that one)

Cinnamon Sticks (have only used in Dipped Bears, tarts, and potpourri)

Coconut Grove (only tried in tarts special request by a customer, she loved it)

Frosted Carrot Cake

Juniper Breezes

Cotton Candy

Lemon Drops

Monkey Farts (I call it other things;for kids B&B Tutti Fruitti or Hawaiian Breezes)

Mulled Cider

Mulberry Wine (ok I got good reviews from testers)

Speariment

Tommy Girl

White Tea'n Ginger

DEFINATELY Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha- STRONG

One of thee WORST scents is the Honey Butter, so if you try only get the sample size. I'm so glad I did. I did 1/4 Honey Butter and the rest Warm Baked Bread.

Haven't tried alot of the newer listed scents, as I'm finding alot of the new scents to me seem to be other existing scents tweeked.

I use 2 of KY's FOs in MC's soy Red Tea (AWESOME, one of my favorite Fos) and Christmas Past another great one.

Scents for Soy I use Strawberry Cheese Cake, Coconut, Peach'n Creme, Pecan Pie -STRONG , and Raspbery Guave-STRONG. Actually I haven't sampled one of Leah's scents yet that hasn't thrown GREAT in MC's Soy. HTH

So you like the cocoa cappucino? I wanted to get it but was scared to. I'm the only one I know IRL (it seems) that likes the chocolate scents.

I do like it alot! I am working on a Christmas present project, and was going to use the Hazelnut Coffee from Gemlite, and even though it's pretty strong, I wasn't real wild about Hazelnut anyway. I tried toning it down a bit by having 6% Hazelnut and 3% French Vanilla, but it just smelled less intense and no vanilla came through (the FV gemlite FO is pretty lame onit's own). The Cocoa Cappucino seems to have a slight hint of hazelnut, and the cocoa is very nice. I'll go with CC.

Monkey Farts (I call it other things;for kids B&B Tutti Fruitti or Hawaiian Breezes)

Thanks for the great scent list! I got MF and it did not smell like I though it would; I imagined it to be heavy on bananas, but even then I could not smell much of it. I do like the scent, and I like your choice of alternate names for the kids. There always seems to be a scent that you just HAVE to have, just because of the name, and this is it! :grin2:

Oh man....just stop! You are soooo making me want to try. I actually even have a basic soap kit sitting in my candle storage room right now. It has a wooden mold and a few oils and butters. I have tons of EO's and FO's too. I've been buying my homemade soap from a fantastic soapmaker in OH for about 4 or 5 years now and I guess because she's so good that I could never even come close to what she makes. I appreciate you offering to help me out. I may just have to take you up on that offer. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me before Christmas!!

LOL.....it is very fun!

Oh hun,you NEED to use that kit :)

I know you can just as good soap as anyone else,darling! Just like candles,it takes practice and experimenting!

I welcome your pm's anytime!

I am test burning my 8 oz Hillbilly Homebrew and I swear I can smell a hint of beeswax in it. Is it my imagination? It probably is but I thought it was funny anyway since this is my first experiment with the MC soy and bw :confused: Other than that, all looks/smells good so far!

You might smell the bw -I know on their forum some people say they can, so its probably not your imagination. Maybe you can lower that bw%. Some FO's it might not effect. I've never had this problem (knock on wood :tiptoe: .)

So how was the burn? You can always make the same candle w/ and w/out bw and burn at the same time side by side. Observe and see which one burns better and has a better hot throw. Another thing -if you find that the hot throw is not strong, cap it and try it after a week some scents need a week or two curing time. HTH :)

You might smell the bw -I know on their forum some people say they can, so its probably not your imagination. Maybe you can lower that bw%. Some FO's it might not effect. I've never had this problem (knock on wood :tiptoe: .)

So how was the burn? You can always make the same candle w/ and w/out bw and burn at the same time side by side. Observe and see which one burns better and has a better hot throw. Another thing -if you find that the hot throw is not strong, cap it and try it after a week some scents need a week or two curing time. HTH :)

I'm glad it wasn't my imagination! LOL! I know I could smell some bw in it!

I was wondering about curing this wax for a certain period of time. The wax I've used the past few years needed very little curing time it seems. Thanks for letting me know it may take a week or two.

The burn was good, smell was really good .. I was testing the wick mostly, I wasn't sure which wicks to get so I ened up with 51-32-18C for my 8 oz and 62-52-18C for my 16 oz. So far so good.:grin2:

I jumped the gun, wicked my Cocoa Cappucino with HTP-105, burned for 5 hours. It smelled nice, but there was an additional scent I could not put my finger on. I am using the remaining ounce in plain MC soy and determine if it was the BW I was smelling. Otherwise it was pretty good stuff! :grin2:

I just wanted to be in the cool crowd :tongue2: - I ordered some samplers this week, and they're supposed to be here on Friday, whee-hee!

Warm Cinnamon Buns (I hate dessert scents, but I *have* to sell them)

Balsam & Spice (this had rave reviews on their message board)

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Christmas Splendor

Mint Candy Cane

Can you tell I'm getting ready for a Christmas show?! :P

Daniedb:

I poured the Balsam & Spice last night. When I first smelled it in the bottle I said "ick" but in the wax...yuuuuuum. I will re-name it Christmas Spice for the holidays because it smells really piney/eucalyptus-y. My 9 yr old son said it was his favorite of all, LOL! I can't wait to test burn one :grin2:

I jumped the gun, wicked my Cocoa Cappucino with HTP-105, burned for 5 hours. It smelled nice, but there was an additional scent I could not put my finger on. I am using the remaining ounce in plain MC soy and determine if it was the BW I was smelling. Otherwise it was pretty good stuff! :grin2:

I'm sold. I'll have to order it next time. I'm chomping at the bit to place another order for scents soon...

I just wanted to be in the cool crowd :tongue2: - I ordered some samplers this week, and they're supposed to be here on Friday, whee-hee!

Warm Cinnamon Buns (I hate dessert scents, but I *have* to sell them)

Balsam & Spice (this had rave reviews on their message board)

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Christmas Splendor

Mint Candy Cane

Can you tell I'm getting ready for a Christmas show?! :P

NO Warm Vanilla Sugar Danielle ?? LOL, I did read on their forum that someone thought that Chestnuts & Brown Sugar smelled like their Warm Vanilla Sugar.

Yay about the Balsam & Spice, good to hear feedback!

Nope, no WVS - I've got a pound from MMS, so I'm trying to find some new scents, I've got a show on NOv. 20th that I think is going to be really good for me, so I'm hoping to sell out of the MC scents and just HAVE to order more, LOL!