rusty tin lid stuck on jar

No advice on how to get it off if you want to save the looks of the lid. But if I just want a lid off and don't care what it looks like, I use a bottle opener to pry around the base of the lid. You know the old fashion ones that come to a triangle point. I also use one to open pickle jars etc. to break the vacuum seal. A screw driver would probably work too.

Turn the jar upside down and place it on something like paper towels. Get some wd-40 and use the straw attachment, to squirt some stright down into the thread area. Let it sit a while then try it again. It might work.

That stuff is flamable so be careful to wipe everything after lid is open, so it's not a fire hazzard. Wash lid and wipe glass down well.

That might work. That stuff helps get threaded screws that are stuck, out. :)

About the rusty tin lids..has anyone noticed that the smell from the process they use to make it rusty affects the smell of the candle? I love the look..but for my last show everyone who took the lid off and whiffed all made weird faces!:embarasse So,I whiffed myself..ughhh! You could barely smell what the scent was!I took them off the table..I had plenty of sq.masons w/rustic lids...the ones I removed were JJ.

Just Wondering!!! Happy Thanksgiving ALL! Kimmeroo