Last Craft Show of the Season

debscent

Had a great show today. Lots of repeat customers (which I always love), and had a great time. Did some shopping too. I had a man come up to me and ask if I would be interested in putting my candles in his Christmas Shoppe. I'll go talk to him tomorrow, so my candles & reed diffusers may be going in there. I'm not sure if this is great news as I am wondering how I'm going to complete 2 fundraisers, my open house and a wholesale account (but I'm a sucker for Xmas stores). What a day! Funny thing, I can't move Amish Harvest this year at shows (but it's the #1 seller for my fundraisers), but Brandied Pear, Cranberry marmalade and Rain Water (all CS) are selling out each time, as did Pumpkin Cornbread. Crazy sales this year!

Sounds like it was fun - and profitable! :yay:

Our show went well today. I don't know the totals yet (we were too tired to think about it! LOL), but we had alot of interest in a show we will be doing in the local hair salon in a couple weeks. Customers were more talkative and very complimentary on our products - just a nice day all around!

This show has not done well the last two years, so for the very first time, we decided not to bring EVERYTHING. I don't know if it made a big difference - there may have been one to two customers that would have bought a votive warmer if we had had all the styles with us. Who would have thought - the last two shows we did there they didn't seem to know what the heck a votive warmer was!!! :confused:

Oh, and as far as soy goes here....it doesn't! I had two customers ask me what ours were made of, so I had myself all set up to listen to the reasons we should have more soy rather than paraffin. When I told them that most of our candles are paraffin, but that we do offer soy, they said "I hate soy!! Can't stand the stuff!" Why do we bother....LOL We did manage to sell six...to my business partner's sister...because she liked the jar! LOL

Glad you had a great show. I have 2 more then I can sit back and catch my breath. Had shows Sat. and Sun. Both were OK nothing to get real excited about. But so different. Sat. sold the heck out of my mini casseroles, air fresheners and wax melts. Today was at a private school and these folks seemed willing to spend a little more money. Finally sold some of my shell 'canes and sold all my dolphin everlasting pillars.

To my surprise CS Mistletoe has been a good seller in votives and wax melts. I love CS Brandied Pear and can't sell them for love or money. Did it up in mini casseroles, votives and wax melts. No surprise JS Chestnut and Brown Sugar has been my no.1 seller. Resting tonight and will start pouring again Monday for next Sat.

Hey debscent.. That is how I felt yesterday.. It was my last craft show of the season.. (Sigh of relief :grin2:)

Now next week I also have 2 fund-raisers due and a few wholesale accounts to fill along with all the last minute online orders for Christmas!!

WHAHOO..:yay:

Lets pour candles till we drop!!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Good luck to all of you crazy chandlers during this busy season!!!!:highfive: