I want an AWESOME Fuschia color, do you have one?

I use the liquid dyes that Peak sells, and I can make light pink, and a dark pink, but I want a fuschia color.

I've got this great new scent called "Girls Night Out" and I want it to be fuschia. ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Dye chips, blocks, liquid dye mixtures to come up with this color?

TIA,

Michelle

www.pourette.com

chips--AMAZING fuschia

VERY bright!

it doesn't show up in the wax until it has cooled though. I use a chip per lb. and it's awesome.

that would be a great color to use for that.:D

you can also just order a few chips and shipping is very reasonable.

edit: i just looked at the color on the website and it's way brighter that it looks in the picture

WOW, that was quick!! It never ceases to amaze me how very helpful everyone is here! :D

Thank you sooo much!

I will try adding a bit of blue with my liquid pink/red and see what happens, and if that doesn't work, it's off to buy those fuschia chips-thanks Lin!! :)

Oh one more quick question-

How do you avoid wasting wax/FO when trying to find/make the right color?

So far, in my 9 months of making candles, I've never been disappointed with how my colors have come out, but I've never really set out to make a specific color, KWIM?

I'd hate to waste a pound of wax and an ounce of FO trying to get just the right color.

when i am setting out for a specific color, i accept that there's a good chance that it isn't going to happen on the first try. but most of them don't come out too bad. if they do, i give them away to family or keep them for myself. and after a failure, i usually can see what i need to change to get the color i want.

this helps me when i'm going for a new color - have a white piece of paper next to you when you are ready to add your dye. add it gradually (go for light first, you can always add more but you can't take it out) and check the color by dropping a little bit on the paper. add more of whatever color you need and recheck. this saves me a lot of screw ups.

Thanks Sarah, that is what I normally do (the drips on the white paper/cards) also. ;)

Yeah, I guess you're right, they won't really be "ruined" even if they aren't the exact color I want on the first try. ;)

Ok, off to try out the little bit of red with an even teenier amount of blue-hope it doesn't turn purple. :eek: LOL

Isn't Fuschia the tempermental one? Seems like a couple different people posted pics here of a single batches, where the candles all came out different shades, from the same pot of wax... It may be another color I'm thinking of, but I know it was shades of pink :undecided