Hot vs Cold throw

I have read and reread all of the threads on it. I have been pouring votives with C3, heated to 175 to 180, then adding 1oz FO and stirring for 2 minutes and pouring at approximately 150 to 155, and repour at 160 to 165. Wick size 44-24-18z. FO is french vanilla from Bitter Creek. The cold throw is great, but, the hot throw is minimal. Please does anyone have any suggestions? I also pouring strawberry jam, cold throw wasn't super strong but, not weak either, but, the hot throw was great. I am going to remelt and try adding just a tad more FO french vanilla tomorrow and wait for one week and try the burn again. Melt pool is good and so is the burn time.

NatureWax C3 is a container blend, although I use it for votives poured directly into votive glasses. It has a great hot & cold throw capacity, so I have to believe that either the wicking is off or the FO you are using is not up to snuff. No FOs work well with ALL waxes, so if you come upon a "dud," try to find it from another source.

I like CDN wicks, although for votives, I am using CDs because I cannot find small CDNs in reasonably small quantities. Give the CDs a try - size 4-6 should be the correct range for votives.

A repour should not be necessary with C3, BTW. If you are getting depressions, the candle may be cooling too quickly. HTH :D

Ummm, dunno where ya read dat, CB, but soy likes to cool slowly. Palm likes to cool even more slowly. I don't know anything about paraffin...

I am now going to drive myself crazy looking for the post (it was an old one I came across). It seemed odd when I read it yesterday so what you say makes me feel better!

NatureWax C3 is a container blend, although I use it for votives poured directly into votive glasses. It has a great hot & cold throw capacity, so I have to believe that either the wicking is off or the FO you are using is not up to snuff. No FOs work well with ALL waxes, so if you come upon a "dud," try to find it from another source.

I like CDN wicks, although for votives, I am using CDs because I cannot find small CDNs in reasonably small quantities. Give the CDs a try - size 4-6 should be the correct range for votives.

A repour should not be necessary with C3, BTW. If you are getting depressions, the candle may be cooling too quickly. HTH :D

I will try anything right now.

Stella I will try cooling my votive containers in the over because I am getting depressions or what looks like it is caving in to me:embarasse

Thank you all for the info

Sassy, a cardboard box dropped loosely over the candles works real well. Last night, I was pouring some soy scraps - making tea lights and votives, etc. I just dropped a tin over the tea lights and a big mayo jar over the votives. They came out very nicely. Ya don't want to tightly cover them, or the tops will be all wonky, but just enough to keep the tops cooling at a similar rate as the rest of the candle. HTH :wink2: