Scary candle

So I bought a fundraiser candle from a friend's daughter to help out her dance team. I ordered a 10oz apoth jar. I usually will buy other handmade candles when I come across them...I just like to see how other candles stack up. I have found some great ones and some duds, but this is the first one that I scared the crap out of me. It was double wicked. I think it is a soy blend. It was SO over-wicked that in 30-40 minutes, the melt pool was at least (if not over) an inch deep. The thing that really put the fear of "house fire" in my head was that the flames were constantly dancing and occasionally doing so OUTSIDE the rim of the candle. Now you and I know when you burn a candle, you keep it away from flammable objects which I did. Actually after seeing how fast it burned, I set it in the sink. I was curious to see just how deep I could get the melt pool say in minutes of burn time, but fear won out and I extinguished it. Had there been anything flammable (paper, curtains, etc) within 3-4 inches of this candle, I am convinced it would have gone up in flames. the other thing that paled in comparison was the weight. It was labeled a 10oz Nt. Wt. candle. Now I can somewhat understand being a up or down an ounce when you are hand pouring candles, but I put the candle on the scale prior to the first burn and it weighed 14.1 ounces. It was a very heavy glass jar...I bet it weighs more than four ounces. :)