Do ou know how to make this?

ubure

This is a candle by Acqua di Parma and what I like about it is the exposed (is this the expression I'm looking for??) script.

As I have only limited experience with silicone molds I'd like to ask if I could do this myself or maybe better who could do this for me?

Thank you!

post-4264-139458437216_thumb.jpg

I don't know the technical way to do this, but from looks alone, it seems like you could simply stamp a tin/copper plate fitted to the size of the interior of your mold. I know there are official names for the stamps and mallet to do this kind of stuff with but it escapes me now, sorry. :undecided

I've seen directions on how to make these...I think they are fairly complicated as it takes a mold that is wax-tight but will later come apart. There is some kind of stamp on the inside of the mold, and you put it together and seal all the edges, pour the candle, let it set, then take each side off so that the embossed side comes out clean. You can make them with cardboard...too much of a pain for me, but a very neat effect!

Okay, thanks folks - so, I have to let some stamp made with my pic and script on it, then press this stamp onto some material like cardboard or copper plate and then build a mold that has to be set up from different parts, right? I know I can't do this!

Which moldmaker do you recommend for this kind of job? Pleeeeaaaase!!

The stamp thing is for 'embossing' things isn't it? That candle has 'raised' writing so how would a stamp work exactly?? I get confused easy :laugh2: and its too early to think :grin2:

Surely you would need someone to make a cast of what you wanted and then take a silicone mould from that cast. yes/no? :confused:

Anjie,x.