Nice to meet you!

Just wanted to get to know everyone a little better. My name is Janet and I have not been doing candles very long at all. I live in Washington St. I started doing it as a hopbby and want to take it to the next level. I get so frustrated when the candles don't turn out the way I was hoping that I want to give up.

What do most of you do candles for? Maybe some for a business and others for hobby? How long have you been doing them? Who do you use for your supplies? I have used LoneStar & Cierras Candle supplies. There is also a company up north from me called SwanS. I buy most of my stuff from them.

welcome,

I've been making candles since about June, I make them as a hobby to unplug from the TV, PC, and Any other electronic piece of equipment that my life puts in front of me as a PC/Network Tech.

Lately i'm starting to make them to sell some as many of my co-workers have learned i make them.

Hi Janet...welcome to the board.

What part of Washington are you in? I was born and raised in Colville. North of Spokane.

I make candles as a business. I started out just for myself and friends. I did a lot of reading before I ever bought my first kit. I was hooked after that.

I buy supplies from all over. I use soy and palm wax from Let It Shine in Seattle. I also use some of their fragrance oils. Good oils btw. It only takes a day to get from them.

Western Washington. I live in a small town called Chehalis (shuh-hay-liss), about 30 south of our state Capital, Olympia. I would like to have a successful candle business because like I said, there isn't really one here other than Walmart, where I work. I think if I could get the soap, lotion, bath supplies and candles going, I might be on to something. like Chehalis' own Bath & body works or something like that.

I am a vey impatient person and am starting to learn that candle making takes a lot of patience. I think I am getting the hang of it. Any books you would recommend?

Nice to meet you too!

Hi welcome to your new addiction lol.

Read Read & Read these forums. I have learned tons and new ideas and tips from these guys. This kind of hobbie requires patience, exspecially to make a great/safe candle.

I never needed a book to learn to make candles all i need is my computer lol.

Take your time measure everything, be patient, and test test test.

Good luck and feel free to ask what you like:cheesy2: