I finally figured out the BCN site...

lothrid

*I wanted to get some shea butter, but it only comes in 4# tubs :(

A 4# tub might not be as much as you think. If you're making 2# batches weekly and use it at 10%, you'd be using 3.2 oz a week and it'd be gone after 20 batches which would take less than 6 mths.

Do you have all your other soaping oils (e.g. coconut oil)?

Don't forget googles and gloves too, though you should be able to get those locally.

A 4# tub might not be as much as you think. If you're making 2# batches weekly and use it at 10%, you'd be using 3.2 oz a week and it'd be gone after 20 batches which would take less than 6 mths.

Don't forget googles and gloves too, though you should be able to get those locally.

Thanks for your response. Goggles I have gloves I will pick up at Wal-Mart. I have not purchased any oils yet...I figured I could get some at Wal-Mart as well. ANy recs of oils from BCN?

I also looked at thesage.com and was thinking of oredering shea butter and palm oil from them. I want palm oil not palm kernal oil correct? Sorry for all the questions.

Jamie

I don't have recs for BCN as I live on the west coast and try to order from suppliers which are nearer to me to save on shipping. If you are going to walmart they have coconut oil in the food section in the oil aisle. It's around $3 for a 31.5 oz container. The brand is LouAna (not sure of the spelling but that's how it's pronounced).

If you are wanting palm oil then you'll need to get the one called "palm oil". The palm kernel oil is different, the way it soaps will be more like coconut oil. So be sure to buy the one called "palm oil".