Crock pot done with making dinner?

quiet girl

I've been looking into HP and LS, and I REALLY want to try making a batch of one or the other in my crockpot. Maybe this is a no brainer question, but if I make a batch of soap in it does that mean that I can't ever use it again to make pot roast? I was thinking that since the soaponification happens during the cook, than the lye should really effect the pot too bad... am I wrong? If so... I think I could do with out pot roast :thumbsup:

I've never used my croc for anything but LS or HPBS and rebatching. I don't mix my soaping equipment with my cooking stuff...you can always use a stock pot for the LS. I've never done that because the croc works so well but I intend to see what it's about eventually. From my understanding of the stock pot is that you use it as a double boiler but I am crazy enough to use direct heat but thats just me.:rolleyes2

Crocks are always on sale so invest in one thats for soap use only...honestly it is on my top five list of best soap making equipment investments.:yay:

There's no lye left when you're done with the soap--leave it overnight, it saponifies and turns to soap. It's soap; there's no lye left--it's not any different than washing the crock out with dish soap. (Kathy Miller says as much at her site) I still understand not wanting to mix soap dishes with regular dishes, but it's something to think about...