Natural Oils

AAngels

I have an opportunity to make candles for a salon with soy wax, they want me to use their scents to try. They tell me it is 100% natural oil and if some one was to eat it(wax) plus the oil they would not be sick.

So my question is are the essential oils we buy from companies totally natural?:confused:

Hmm... I don't know that anyone but the manufacturers can guarantee such a thing. I mean, I completely BELEIVE that they are but- having said that- that doesn't mean that they are safely ingestible even if they are.

I would make sure that they aren't basing their claim entirely on the 'natural' is good for you thought process. They need to have done lab testing to make such a claim. At the very least research thier arses off and be using only those oils and only those amts that are ingestible. Even if it is ok to ingest, there are limits.

But that's all neither here nor there really since people DON'T normally eat candles, lol... what I'd be worried about even if their statement is true... how good is the end product going to be? I'm not saying it will be bad, I don't know. I have never sniffed or used EO candles. Not very many chandlers use strictly EO's- but there are some that do. I have a suspision that the give and take of the EO side of it, is that you probably loose out on some throw. But I don't really know.

You would want to probably post this Q on the vegetable wax part of this board where most of the EO people are. Since it all fits into the 'natural' idea of things.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.:)

Wax fragrance oils are mixed with a chemical (Dipropylene Glycol?? sp??) to get the fragrance oil to bind with the wax. I am not certain that that will be the case with these natural oils, so it may not work, or you may get zero fragrance throw.

It's certainly worth testing though, please let us know how it works.