Need Help On Math!!!!

Can someone put this in terms I would understand..............such as ounces

or tsp.

Directions: Mix 4 parts Modifier with 1 part fragrance oil or essential oil. For Linen Spray Add 1% mixture to Linen Spray Base and mix.

Would the modifier and oil together count as 1%?

What would be the ratio to make 8oz. of spray? How much base, modifier, and oil?

Thanks in advance for your help!!! I graduated high school, but I don't like math!

Whenever a ratio is given in parts, you can then decide what quantity, either ounces, cups, tablespoons, etc, but they must be an identical form of measurement. In my world everything is weight, so I go by the weight of ounces. I don't know much about sprays and such, but I figure you would want to measure in volume, because some things would weigh into big quantities. Therefore:

1. 4 fluid ounces modifier

2. 1 fl. oz FO or EO

These two components form a base mixture. This is now considered 1 part. On with the spray:

1. Decide how much of the linen spray base you want. Did you say 8oz. total? Take 1% of the total of 8 oz., (0.08) subtract from 8 oz, (7.92), and you now have your ratio to make your spray. Since it would seem so very little of an amount of FO/EO, you may want to work with teaspoons, unless you plan on making larger quantities of stuff. HTH!!

Since it would seem so very little of an amount of FO/EO, you may want to work with teaspoons, unless you plan on making larger quantities of stuff. HTH!!

Or better yet work with grams (mls if you MUST do volume).

It probably won't matter much for your application, but did you clarify with your vendor if they are talking weights or volumes? Because they ARE different oft times.

same way as described by M&C - but use oz by weight instead of fluid ounces. So 1% of 8 oz is 0.08 oz for the FO/modifier mix and then 7.92 oz carrier. Now if your scale will convert to grams then it's easier.

8oz * 28.35 grams per oz = total weight of 227 grams (rounded).

8% of this is 0.08 * 227 = 18.2 grams FO/modifier mix

92% carrier = 0.92 * 227 = 208.8 grams carrier