cookie cutter candles

Hey all, I am hoping someone can help me out with this one. Up to now, I have only ventured into container candles. Howerver, my wife is interested in something else. A couple of years ago, we saw some candles packaged in cookie cutters. I think they were two wick, votive type still in the cookie cutters. Has anyone seen these, or made these before. If so, I would be very interested in learning how to make them. any help you have would be greatly appreciated!!

~Ray

I ran cookie cutter candles in google and found this, that is pretty cool. Sorry I have no ideas on how to make them though, but maybe someone will come along soon that has done them.

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/12l/i1655.html

Ok found this, http://www.allfreecrafts.com/candles/cookie-cutter-floating-candles.shtml

Oh so you take the cookie cutter off before burning them? When I first read this thread I thought the cookie cutter was like a contianer to burn them in dohh.

Neat idea though. Could you not put some cling flim (food wrap) over the playdoh so that its not in direct contact with the wax, but there is still a seal there ..... if you know what I mean.

Anjie,x.

I tried making these once I thought they were so cool but the play doh stuck to the bottoms of the candle. They say it doesn't stick but mine sure did. Very gross looking. :laugh2:

I wouldn't think play-doh would work, I think you're supposed to use clay-big difference in the two. ;)

I can see using these for floater candles, but just don't really get it if you use them for anything else-like on a plate I guess? Hmm they are cute though.

Did you see the price on them from the site Shellybean listed? That's one expensive little bitty cookie sized candle IMO.

Victorian's website does say Burn...then bake. So what would they be using on the bottom of the cutter to hold the wax in???

I wondered this same thing too...then I read they can be used as floating candles, which makes a whole lot more sense...

I thinks it's a great idea to get some cool shaped floaters without having to pay a million dollars in silicone molds...

May need some tweaking to get the seal on the mold to hold the wax while it's cooling...but definitely worth a shot!

Now it is on the To-Do list...lol..as if that list isn't long enough right? lol

Just a thought...I wonder if this would work using sand? get some sand damp and fairly flat, put your mold in the sand and then pour the wax and let cool? If the wax isnt too hot the sand wont stick to it much...but if you want a crust you could pour hot like for sand candles...

Might look neat...