Plush Dogs for dipping - need various breeds

blt212

Anyone know a wholesale supplier for plush dogs true to the breeds....Douglas Toys are good but cost and shipping make it tough to make anything on the finished product. I'm specifically looking for the 9" Kohair types in Chocolate Lab, Silkie, Australian Sheepdog and Schnauzer.....

Thanks

Brenda

Thanks....I agree, Douglas are really nice and I'm using them for my basic dipped dog, a yellow lab. The problem is I have several customers that want me to make one of this and one of that and I'm trying to keep costs down..

Appreciate the feedback.

Omg I just called Douglas to get info on a wholesale account - minimum purchase is $150 and need to purchase 3 of each of the 9" Kohairs. She asked if I had a retail store, I said no, that I work out of my home. She asked what I do with the animals and I explained that I dip them in wax. She replied rather annoyed, that they do not sell to anyone that does that and that their animals are not made to be used that way....she also mentioned that many people have called and been turned away.......

Not sure if this is a new policy but if anyone else is checking on these don't mention the wax dipping like I did! :shocked2:

I wonder if they think all their retail locations ask these questions :smiley2:

Just seems really strange to me.....I'm going to followup with an email to the company to verify and suggest if they have policies they want to enforce, they should think about mentioned them under "terms" or something. Maybe I was just lucky enough to get the company nut on the phone....

Connie, thanks for the First and Main suggestion, I'll check them out.

I order from First and Main.... I think they have chocolate labs, however not sure of the size. They also have many other pups and cats.

They also require a minimum for ordering,,,I believe it's $125.00 and you usually need to order in 1/2 case(6) or full case (12) sizes of the item. There's also a tab showing the most requested animals for dipping.

www.firstandmain.com

I did email Douglas and here's their response. I guess they are pretty serious about their plush friends :laugh2:

I also checked out First and Main.....they do have some dog breeds....

This is Douglas Cuddle Toys co. policy.

We like to think that our items are made for exactly what our name says.

Cuddling and hugging.

Our items go thru various safety tests many times to guarantee their safety.

We do not wish to have them changed in any way.

Sandy

Douglas Cuddle Toys