Shippng?

LynnS

I ship USPS flat rate but also do have a flat rate at $5.00.

I have sales rep that did get first order at Free Shippng but must charge something now. Candles are getting high to ship. Want is a happy median.

Should I up my flat rate? If so what should I change it to? I started over a year ago for flat rate at $5.00.

LynnS

I'm sorry, Lynn, but I do not understand.

I ship USPS flat rate but also do have a flat rate at $5.00.

So does that mean you ship USPS Flat Rate ($8.95) PLUS a $5.00 charge? Or that you only charge $5 for shipping and eat the other $3.95?

I charge actual shipping costs. Sometimes USPS Flat-Rate is the least expensive way, but other times, it isn't. Do you have access to FedEx or UPS? Many times their rates will beat the USPS, depending on the weight of the shipment and its destination...

Stella, Yes I pay the $5.00 and eat the $3.95. I went ahead and paid this time because it started that way.I did tell her I was going to have to go up some since 2nd order was less than $50.00.She didnt mind.

The first order totalled over $16.00 for shipping and it was with UPS.Weight was only 13 lbs. Thought that was high. Her third order with having a party will ber much larger and I am up in the air about that shipping. I am sure order will be over $50.00. I want to find a reasonable cost but shipping is new to me for these bigger orders. Probably will up my flat rate to $6.00.Then eat $2.95 for small orders.

How do you get the best rates with UPS??? Does it help or is it better with bigger order that might run 100 lbs. Those 12 candles plus a couple other small things for the one order was almost $17.00. If I come up with 100 lbs I will be :shocked2: with that shipping cost.

I did go to a outlet store for all shipping places.UPS Fed EX etc. The best way to ship was UPS. DO you think these outlet are costlier? Should I go straight to UPS store or have them pick up. I also have to consider the distance between state to state.

I do go on the weight chart for UPS and tried to get a idea but thought the one order would be about $13.00 but was almost $17.00. USPS I knew but couldn't get the 12 candles in the flat rate box.

Thank You for the help. Just the large order coming up and want no surprises. I would ship like you are doing.

If you do get a large order like I mentioned,Do you pay shipping?? This is a sales rep and selling candles to her Wholesale . She does parties and also outright sales to family and friends. That was another thing I wondered. Should I eat that shipping??? Or some of it??? :confused:

LynnS

First stay away from the outlet stores for any shipping they tack on a percent to cover overhead. Actually I have found that FedEx and DHL are the cheapest ways to ship most of the time. UPS and USPS are the most expensive to ship through and UPS has gone crazy with their shipping charges.

UPS upped me to a daily pickup and that drastically cut my shipping cost with them. They were cheaper than postal. Even though I am on a daily pickup they don't come by every day. I call when I have a pick-up. They upped me after I had a lot of shipping over the holidays last year.

VickyCO

WOW quick reply.Thank You I thought there is a catch to those outlets. Not really flat UPS charge but also a charge to them. Shipping is bad enough as it is. Was so much closer to me but I will just cough up a few more miles and find something else.

When I called UPS they asked me (well machines did) about 6 different locations. Of Those 6 only 1 was a actual UPS store.The others were like Office MAX etc. I took the one close to me and think it was called Shipping Plus???

IN this area about all we see is UPS. They are everywhere. Once in awhile Fed Ex and DHL but will look if they have stores nearby and will check the websites for prices.

Thanks again

Hope to check some prices tonight

LynnS