Newbie with wick troubles

I've just recently started making candles. Well I use the pre-tabbed wicks, I put a glue tab on the bottom than pour. I have a little 8 oz Tureen jar. Everything has turned out great! Scent is perfect, color perfect, consistency perfect, now for the burn...... :undecided My candle burned down half way than was done, I still have half the jar to go but the metal part of my wick tab is showing and my candle wont burn any further. I also cant find any shorter wick tabs anywhere.... I use a HTP - 104 pre-tabbed wick. Any ideas?

If you have a very shallow jar and want to get closer to the bottom, you might be able to. I don't know what size neck is on your wick tab but they are often 6mm and the shortest is 3mm. I believe CandleScience is one place that uses the 3mm neck tabs on their pre-made assemblies.

Also, don't use a big thick glue dot. The wick stick ums from BCN are reasonably thin.

I think you must be exaggerating when you say half the jar, right?

I have the same situation on 6oz jars that I use. No hang up on sides but the wicked was used up when the candle was not nearly done. I did switch no smaller neck sustainer bases. Word of advice though, if you power burn w/ this type of wick, (meaning towards the end, the whole candle liquifies) the bases WILL release from the heat of the wax & could cause the jar to break. I will gurantee that if you are thinking of selling these someone will burn them like that -you could do like the gel people do & crimp the wick where you want the wax to quit burning. HTH

I have the same situation on 6oz jars that I use. No hang up on sides but the wicked was used up when the candle was not nearly done. I did switch no smaller neck sustainer bases. Word of advice though, if you power burn w/ this type of wick, (meaning towards the end, the whole candle liquifies) the bases WILL release from the heat of the wax & could cause the jar to break. I will gurantee that if you are thinking of selling these someone will burn them like that -you could do like the gel people do & crimp the wick where you want the wax to quit burning. HTH

If you're going to crimp the wick to keep it from burning down to the short neck, why not just stick with the taller neck?