Ready for a lot of pics?

cybersix

What's a light box? I've found it very hard to take pics of some of my candles... the digital I have isn't the best quality.

Thanks,

Violet

thanks girls, I forgot two pillars but when I'll make some more I'll take pics of everything.

I'm using my light box but sometimes i can't get what I want (and at 11 PM I'm too tired to do it once again!)

Hi Sabrina,

these are the candles for Enrica, right? NO WONDER she took them all!!!

You're fantastic and your candles are as well (and they will be sold in Germany - yes!!! Hope you don't mind me boasting for you:yay: Sabrina!)

Hi Sabrina,

these are the candles for Enrica, right? NO WONDER she took them all!!!

You're fantastic and your candles are as well (and they will be sold in Germany - yes!!! Hope you don't mind me boasting for you:yay: Sabrina!)

Yes, Inez, those are some of the candles Enrica picked up today!

Thanks so much!!

The first 2 candles, the pinkish/burgandy one & the brown one, those are made w/ palm wax? Looks like the most even mottling pattern I've ever seen, but if it's palm .... wow, how even more remarkable that the patterning is so even!!! So dish, what wax did you use?

Thanks, Stella... I didn't even get your response emailed to me at all... perhaps it was because the server went down that night?

Anyway, hopefully I will find some info on taking pics because my digital cam just stinks sometimes, especially with palm.

Violet, if you search for the term "light box", you will find a ton of info and how to make these. VERY cool photo tool and inexpensive to construct.

Here is a pic of a handmade light box:

light_box.jpg

Irena

Aww... the blue screen idea... I saw it when I went to Disney World- never thought I'd use it in my lifetime, though. Any more input on HOW to use it with still pics of candles?

Sorry didn't mean to try to hijack the thread. I love the pics of your pillars... Just thought I'd try to get some tips...

Aww... the blue screen idea... I saw it when I went to Disney World- never thought I'd use it in my lifetime, though. Any more input on HOW to use it with still pics of candles?

Sorry didn't mean to try to hijack the thread. I love the pics of your pillars... Just thought I'd try to get some tips...

Candles might look better with a white background.

Irena

Irena

Not always, for example in the pic of my pyramid where there is a white candle you can't have a white background and make the white of the candle stand out. The camera gets confused and you see it made the background grey.

Also with a white backgorund you have casts of the dominant color in the group of objects you want to photograph. A lot of my pics are affected by this problem. Sometimes you have to use other colors for backgrounds.

Not always, for example in the pic of my pyramid where there is a white candle you can't have a white background and make the white of the candle stand out. The camera gets confused and you see it made the background grey.

Also with a white backgorund you have casts of the dominant color in the group of objects you want to photograph. A lot of my pics are affected by this problem. Sometimes you have to use other colors for backgrounds.

You're right. It depends on the color of the candle.

Irena

Irena

Being a scrap-booker, I use a color wheel to find a color that will compliment my main subject, which will make it stand out. For example, if you have a purple candle, some shade of orange can be quite appealing, or vice versa. Another example would be a green candle w/ a red background, or vice versa. As you may know, these color combos are considered "opposite" to each other.

The gen'l rule of thumb I use is if it's a light colored candle, use a darker background, & if it's a darker colored candle, use a lighter background.

I some times use a "gray" card to obtain a correct exposure setting. If anyone would like more info about taking better pix, plz feel free to send me an email. I'll give you just enough info to make your head explode! lol.

Being a scrap-booker, I use a color wheel to find a color that will compliment my main subject, which will make it stand out. For example, if you have a purple candle, some shade of orange can be quite appealing, or vice versa. Another example would be a green candle w/ a red background, or vice versa. As you may know, these color combos are considered "opposite" to each other.

The gen'l rule of thumb I use is if it's a light colored candle, use a darker background, & if it's a darker colored candle, use a lighter background.

I some times use a "gray" card to obtain a correct exposure setting. If anyone would like more info about taking better pix, plz feel free to send me an email. I'll give you just enough info to make your head explode! lol.

Yes, you are right.

Irena