Labels

I hope this is the right place to post.I have always ordered my labels,now I want to try and make them myself.I bought the full sheet clear matte labels,and printed my labels on them.They turned out really nice.My DH was helping me,and wipe accross one of the labels and all the ink came off.What do I need to do to keep the ink from coming off?What is the weather proof labels?

I hope this make sense. Anna

I hope this is the right place to post.I have always ordered my labels,now I want to try and make them myself.I bought the full sheet clear matte labels,and printed my labels on them.They turned out really nice.My DH was helping me,and wipe accross one of the labels and all the ink came off.What do I need to do to keep the ink from coming off?What is the weather proof labels?

I hope this make sense. Anna

For my clear labels I use Krylon clear spray on it before using them and so far it's been working great. Now I dont know if that would make them waterproof or not, but if you spray it on and let it dry good nothing rubs off. you can get it in the spray paint section at walmart or hardware stores.

Shellybean do you spray them before you print,or after?I am using Avery label #8665,inkjet.Thanks for the help.

I spray it on after they come out of the printer. I wait a bit for the ink to dry and them take it outside and spray the whole sheet. I give it a few hours to dry after spraying, but it says it dries in 12 minutes or less.

And she's right too, make sure you buy inkjet labels for inkjet printer or laser labels for laser printer. I almost bought the wrong thing once, but luckily noticed it as I was doing the checkout on the website.