Has any one done a show like this?

Lorrie

Tomorrow I am doing a very small show. There is only 12 vendors and I am one of them. This show has been advertised like you wouldn't believe.

The people that are running it said that there was 8 vendors last year and they were told by a few of the vendors that actually had cash n carry items, that it was a great show. Which I hope it is a great show.

Has anyone done a small this small?? If so what is your thoughts on this type of show?

Wish me luck!

I just want to say good luck!!!

I've done very well at small shows. I actually did a "huge" 3 day show and did WORSE than i have ever done. competition is good, but too much and people are overwhelmed.

I live in a very rural area and a lot of people go to craft shows just to get out and do something different. plus, a lot of people live so far from town, that it is just "awesome" that there is something going on so they can justify getting out of the house, plus, those are the kind that have the $$$$ to spend, spend, spend...

my very first show had probably 20 vendors-a lot of them "commercial" and i made $500...

let us know how it goes!!!

Heather

I do 2 shows with a small group of artisans and they are always my best shows. I'm the only candle and B&B person - they make pottery, fiber products, hand woven baskets, custom pet portraits, etc. They saw me at a show a few years back, loved the look of my products and invited me into their little group. At first I was a bit apprehensive since it is a small group and they do something much different from me. I felt like this was more of an art show than a craft show. But I found that I do fit in and I do well at these 2 shows. They like the fact that I bring in a different group of shoppers which they benefit from and I have been introduced into another group of shoppers which I benefit from.