Layered Glass Glow Containers

jakalex

I've been using this wax lately....really great stuff!! I think the candles look so neat. I have a question? Since I've never tried pouring layers, I would guess that you have to wait for the first layer to completely cool before pouring the 2nd layer. Is that how you achieved such a great looking candle?

I've been using this wax lately....really great stuff!! I think the candles look so neat. I have a question? Since I've never tried pouring layers, I would guess that you have to wait for the first layer to completely cool before pouring the 2nd layer. Is that how you achieved such a great looking candle?

Here are CatlinPM's instructions:

I'm kind of getting a system down, mostly by trial and error. I preheat the container and pour the first layer, than let it cool completely. Before I pour another layer i've been hitting the container with the heat gun, not enough to melt the first layer but just to warm the container a bit. Than after I pour I hit it with the heat gun again if the glass glow starts to frost on the container (when it sets up to quickly). I let that layer cool completely than do the next layer and so on. I still have some bugs to work out, but it seems to be working ok so far.

Thanks again for all the great compliments. I followed the above instructions and it worked great!

• 2 weeks later...