Firestarters - Where to put the label?

Yes, I already did a search. :D

Here is a good link for labels

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20092&highlight=firestarters

- BUT - I want to know if you can put just one warning label in the bag or does each cupcake need a label on the bottom?

I bought bags and am planning on putting four in each bag and tied with raffia or something.

TIA!

I have a really silly question, but here goes lol When you use them in your fireplace, does it leave any kind of nasty drippings behind? As you can tell I have no fireplace and most of my friends homes have the gas type, so I am honestly asking as someone who has zero clue about them. I can see it not being an issue for a firepit or campfire, but was wondering about the fireplaces.

I have a really silly question, but here goes lol When you use them in your fireplace, does it leave any kind of nasty drippings behind? As you can tell I have no fireplace and most of my friends homes have the gas type, so I am honestly asking as someone who has zero clue about them. I can see it not being an issue for a firepit or campfire, but was wondering about the fireplaces.

The paraffin will all burn up. It just wouldn't be good to cook with because of the dye and fragrance.

I tested one outside and it all burned up. Scared my cats to death!

I would think you can label the bag and add to it 'not for individual sale' just like the fast foodies do with their sauce packets etc...I'm not a lawyer though so it's just a suggestion.

Thank you. I'll see if others agree, for our sake. :smiley2: You never know about people. You could paste - DON'T EAT THIS - and someone will try to eat it!

:D

The paraffin will all burn up. It just wouldn't be good to cook with because of the dye and fragrance.

I tested one outside and it all burned up. Scared my cats to death!

All ok I see, so if you use paraffin you should be good. I can understand not using it in a grill or anything where food is. I have all kinds of scraps I may have to try to make a few and see how my testers, aka friends, like them lol Thanks for answering :smiley2:

All ok I see, so if you use paraffin you should be good. I can understand not using it in a grill or anything where food is. I have all kinds of scraps I may have to try to make a few and see how my testers, aka friends, like them lol Thanks for answering :smiley2:

Sure. No problem.

You can use the cupcake holders or take them off. They have so many cute ones that represent the holidays! Should be fun picking them out!

Have fun!

Sure. No problem.

You can use the cupcake holders or take them off. They have so many cute ones that represent the holidays! Should be fun picking them out!

Have fun!

Oh true, I assume the paper kind would be perfect for these. Dang, why did I open this post, now another thing I will want to try hehehe

Oh true, I assume the paper kind would be perfect for these. Dang, why did I open this post, now another thing I will want to try hehehe

LOL! Well, you do need to do something with that left over wax. I only have about 8 pie plates full, so that's not too bad. One pie plate does a little over a dozen and I save all my trimmed wicks. I also use my husband's saw dust from his table saw.

On the paper - on or off - I had this scent I thought I would absolutely love - Cowboy Blues. It smells like more tobacco than leather. Yuck. So, I poured them into some 4th of July cupcake holders. I had colored the wax a denim blue. Anyway, wrong time of year for that, so I took the paper off. They look fine, but the paper is also an asset on the burn.

It would be cool to make them look like Petite Fours, wouldn't it?!!!!

Forget it! I'm too busy. LOL!

Here are my firestarters. I package them 2 different ways. One way wrapped with raffia, for those I use a card for the instructions. The other way I put in a clear bag, those I put the label on the front. I sell them both ways. :D

post-268-139458434954_thumb.jpg

Here are my firestarters. I package them 2 different ways. One way wrapped with raffia, for those I use a card for the instructions. The other way I put in a clear bag, those I put the label on the front. I sell them both ways. :D

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the picture. I don't have a digital, we aren't picture people, but I package mine with four in each package and sell them for $3.75.

What do you think?

Just to add this in, "not for individual resale" will not cover you.

You don't know who is buying them, but if someone were to buy a pack of 3, and give two away without the original baggy, they have no instructions or warning which could leave you liable.

It sucks cause it raises costs, but then again, if someone gives 1 away, and the receiver ends up without instructions then does something against a warning you could have had on there, it's almost a double whammy for you if it were in insurance.

Just to add this in, "not for individual resale" will not cover you.

You don't know who is buying them, but if someone were to buy a pack of 3, and give two away without the original baggy, they have no instructions or warning which could leave you liable.

It sucks cause it raises costs, but then again, if someone gives 1 away, and the receiver ends up without instructions then does something against a warning you could have had on there, it's almost a double whammy for you if it were in insurance.

Lord, I didn't think of that!!!! Thanks!