air freshener test person complained

chrisasst

ok, I bought some air fresheners from bell and company traders. I covered the piece with fo and gave it to some one to test in their car. after 2 weeks she said it does not smell any more..

should I put more fo on these things? How much fo should I use for these?

thanks for any help..

I order from the same company and coat them with at least two coats of fo on each side. I 'dry' them on a baker's rack on the countertop and store them in plastic bags provided (for a small fee of course!:D ) by the company.

I sell one blank and a 1/2 oz. bottle of oil (mixed with DPG) with eye dropper for $5.00. People seem to like this idea as they can refresh the blanks however strong they want them!! :cool2:

That's a good idea, I haven't sold any myself either, but have given a few to people and they lasted a long time. My personal opinion about the cardboard ones not selling well is that they are pretty cheap to buy the standard tree or something else from say walmart. Maybe that's the trick, sell them the blank and let them "make" them themselves and have a way to refresh them instead of having to buy another.

Glad we are not where all of you are. We love the cardboard air fresheners from Bell. We average 10-12 a day at $2.50 each. We sell 2-4 ornies a day, but everyone loves the cardboard ones. Ours also last about two weeks, but our customers don't seem to mind.

Holy crap! No offense, but I would mind if I was paying $2.50 for something that only lasts two weeks. Of course, I sell ornies and know how long they last, but still, even if I was buying a cardboard freshener (which I used to do, long ago), I would be p.o.'d if it only lasted two weeks.

Hmmm, I made one of the cardvoard ones for my daughter and she loved it. Said it lasted all summer. Then I repainted it to try to "refresh" it for her and she said the refresh didn't work. Couldn't smell a thing with the refresh, so I thought they were a one time thing.

Glo

Hmmm, I made one of the cardvoard ones for my daughter and she loved it. Said it lasted all summer. Then I repainted it to try to "refresh" it for her and she said the refresh didn't work. Couldn't smell a thing with the refresh, so I thought they were a one time thing.

Glo

I made one for my son for his car, and it hung in there during the hot summer months in Kansas and made with red velvet cake (his favorite) and it stayed for quite a long time. I didn't try and refresh it though since it lasted so long. My (soon to be) daughter in law had one I made with Heavenly type and hers lasted a long time too. When I first made them I used quite a bit so they were super strong at first, and maybe between that and the hot cars that's why they lasted so long.

May I ask how you package yours...

Glad we are not where all of you are. We love the cardboard air fresheners from Bell. We average 10-12 a day at $2.50 each. We sell 2-4 ornies a day, but everyone loves the cardboard ones. Ours also last about two weeks, but our customers don't seem to mind.

my test person had hers in her car..I only coated both sides lightly though, so I don't know...something like this, it shouldn't really matter how much you put on, should it..

I never thought 'painting' them worked well or lasted very long. I use an eyedropper and soak them good on one side. DH has had the same one in his truck since February and we refresh it every 2 months with no problems!! :cool2:

I never thought 'painting' them worked well or lasted very long. I use an eyedropper and soak them good on one side. DH has had the same one in his truck since February and we refresh it every 2 months with no problems!! :cool2:

may I ask if you know what amout of FO do you use? also what does an eye dropper do..do you just pour it on instead of painting?

Pretty much the eye dropper 'pours' it on instead of painting and saturates thoroughly the cardboard cutout or blank as I call them. It probably uses about 1 to 2 tsp. (oil/DPG mix) depending on how big or what shape the blank is. When I sold them all done in a pkg., no one seemed to want the shape in the scent I had them, but I sell the daylights out of them as a kit!! :cool2:

Well, this is sorta on topic but........... what the heck do yall use to punch holes in these things???? LOL I got some ready to go and I've tried a long hole punch and they are too thick to fit in it. I've tried a brand new hole punch and it's not sharp enough. I've tried a drill and it tore it up. HELP!!:o

TIA,

chantel

Well, this is sorta on topic but........... what the heck do yall use to punch holes in these things???? LOL I got some ready to go and I've tried a long hole punch and they are too thick to fit in it. I've tried a brand new hole punch and it's not sharp enough. I've tried a drill and it tore it up. HELP!!:o

TIA,

chantel

The company I got them through has the holes already in them.

I got them from http://www.bellandcompanytrader.homestead.com/products.html