Cinnamon EO

Sharon in KY

I bought a Cinnamon leaf EO but it smells nothing like Cinnamon. I want to use Eo for a project I have but this just don't work. What do I have to buy to get Cinnamon smelling cinnamon EO. And who from? Mine is from WSP. I have checked a few sites and all they sell is the Cinnamon Leaf. Maybe I need a flavor oil to get that smell. I have made hard candy with Cinnamon oil and the scent will run you out. Where would I buy a lb of Flavor oil. Since this is not a wax product I can use what I want. TIA

I am interested in any replies for this post I think it is a good question. This year is my first for pouring cinnamon, mostly due to an overwhelming request for anything cinnamon. Peaks cinnamon is good but I have an order for several samples arriving next week. I have never used an EO but would be up for the challenge. Maybe cinnamon eo is not for wax?

Natalie

WSP's cinnamon smells like just cinnamon. Bluegrass has the best red hot cinnamon I have ever smelled and Steves, the Candlemakers Store is really good too. I smell something funky(all I can think of) in most cinnamons. I have tried many over the years and these are about the only ones I can stand. Now Let's here it for the EO's......

Another thing I have noticed is when you get a little of cinnamon FO on your hand and it some how makes it to your mouth it's spicy hot and sweet. Strange....

I went to a local supplier and same thing smelled nothing like cinnamon.What about cinnamon bark eo?

Ground cinnamon & cinnamon sticks are from the bark so I think cinnamon bark EO would be the one to go for........I've got a little cinnamon leaf EO & its not what I want either :sad2: but I can't find cinnamon bark EO anywhere yet, now I'm wondering if it exists.

Sally.

Just got the EO, yesterday, fast service and wrapped perfect. But the cinnamon still smells nothing like cinnamon. Anyone want a snifffy to see what they think? Maybe it's just me... reply to my asking if it smelled like real cinnamon was.

"Hi

This cinnamon oil has a mellow aroma with a little vanilla undertone. There 3 main countries that export cinnamon and each has a different aroma.

Sincerely

Leslie"

Nice lady but IMHO this stuff stinks. And I bought 8 oz, what's wrong with me? I'm sticking with FO's....

• 5 years later...

Mega necro-bump. Yes, I am aware this thread is almost 6 years old.

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the eBay seller wholesale_essential_oil. Their eBay account is gone, and their e-mail addresses come back as user does not exist.

The reason I ask is I am really big into amber resin and my all time favorite was the one this seller sold.

I'm guessing they are gone forever but I bumped this thread on the off chance that they may be somewhere else on the net now doing business as a different name or something, and someone here knows about it, and I don't. :)

Edited by Maven Phillips