Oregon Trails Swap Spoiler

jaybyrd

Man, I thought I'd never finish, but I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out. Emulsified sugar and oatmeal scrub, scented with Gift of the Magi, and Milk & Honey bath soak, scented White Patchouli. Now to get them all in a flat rate box undamaged . . .:tiptoe:

Thanks for looking! :)

post-7813-139458434457_thumb.jpg

post-7813-139458434473_thumb.jpg

a funnel? WOW that is too creative girl! That shape is perfect for patch-reminds me of incense cones! LOL

Tell me more about your oatmeal/sugar scrub please! I ask, b/c in the pic I see no oatmeal, so is it just ground really super duper fine?

Nice, nice products, lucky swappers! :)

a funnel? WOW that is too creative girl! That shape is perfect for patch-reminds me of incense cones! LOL

Tell me more about your oatmeal/sugar scrub please! I ask, b/c in the pic I see no oatmeal, so is it just ground really super duper fine?

Nice, nice products, lucky swappers! :)

You're so sweet! :smiley2: Thank you so much! Yep, the incense cones were in my mind, too. Maybe it's a West Coast thing, lol!

The oatmeal is ground fairly fine, about a T per cup of the other dry product in the recipe. I think the finer portions dissolve when everything is stirred into the warm oils, but there are enough bits that you know it's there when using it. I was going for a smoother look rather than flaky, so to speak, and kept the sugar as the main scrubbie. Just that little bit changed the whole feel though - very conditioning & silky. I like it a lot. :)

Those look great! how wonderfully creative to think of useing a funnel for a mold! I'm so impressed! You know I'll be barrowing your idea for something... Hmmm... cone shaped bath bombs...

Borrow away, G'ma. :D You'd have died laughing at me during my first attempts - I was thinking "pyramids" and trying to use my silicone pyramid muffin mold. Yes, well, "flexible" doesn't begin to describe it - every time I tried to pack the shapes, the bloody mold flattened out. I believe my, um, comments were beginning to blister the paint on the walls. Then the household gods kindly turned on the lightbulb over my head and the rest is history.

I still intend to use the pyramids, but clearly those are best reserved for pourable products. :o :rolleyes2