Easy to wick wax?

wax that is easy to wick with most scents

Lemme narrow this down - a hundred (give or take) brands of waxes made from all kinds of raw materials; around 100 different brands, braids, materials, treatments of wicking, and hundreds of sources for fragrance oils that all have top secret formulas, bases, additives, etc....:undecided

Is there any such thing?

Ummmm, nope, unless someone with duct tape over their mouths is keeping a secret from us all!!:laugh2:

Heck, people can't even agree on what is NATURAL, so I highly doubt you'd get folks to agree on one "wax" that's "easy" to wick with "most" FOs...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm by far no expert here! In fact I still consider myself a newbie going on just 2 yrs of making candles. I used J50 for most of my candle career but got tired of the wet spots. So I recently tried Green Leaf 70/30 blend. I have been testing it with different wicks and scents. In my opinion its the easiest wax to wick. Every wick I tested burned, had a good melt pool and scent throw. I tested a few others, but not that many, waxes that is. The 70/30 has no wet spots and a great throw. I think so far I like the ECO or CD wicks. Like I said, I have a lot to learn yet, but this wax is for me! And its easy to work with. Try it!

I tested with CD10 and liked that, but I also tested with ECO 4 & 6 and I liked the ECO 6 best so far. I'm going to do some more testing with the CD's but need to order more wicks now. I use a 2 1/2 inch salsa jar, 8oz. I just ordered some 16oz salsa's....wonder whats a good place to start testing wicks for that, any idea? I only ordered 12 of them. I've never really done any 16oz yet! I'd like to add a few for the holidays. TIA

I'm by far no expert here! In fact I still consider myself a newbie going on just 2 yrs of making candles. I used J50 for most of my candle career but got tired of the wet spots. So I recently tried Green Leaf 70/30 blend. I have been testing it with different wicks and scents. In my opinion its the easiest wax to wick. Every wick I tested burned, had a good melt pool and scent throw. I tested a few others, but not that many, waxes that is. The 70/30 has no wet spots and a great throw. I think so far I like the ECO or CD wicks. Like I said, I have a lot to learn yet, but this wax is for me! And its easy to work with. Try it!

I totally agree with you. That is what I use and I LOVE it!! I use the zinc wicks.

I tested with CD10 and liked that, but I also tested with ECO 4 & 6 and I liked the ECO 6 best so far. I'm going to do some more testing with the CD's but need to order more wicks now. I use a 2 1/2 inch salsa jar, 8oz. I just ordered some 16oz salsa's....wonder whats a good place to start testing wicks for that, any idea? I only ordered 12 of them. I've never really done any 16oz yet! I'd like to add a few for the holidays. TIA

I would start with a CD 14 and adjust from there...hth....:smiley2:

I've been thinking seriously on ordering a pound of that Greenleaf 70/30. You guys are about to push me over the edge! :D

Go for it; you won't be sorry. I was toying with the idea of ordering from a supplier closer to me to save on shipping.....couldn't bring myself to do it. I love the 70/30 from GL and the ECO wicks!! The service is excellent and they are more than willing to help you! Good luck, whatever you decide to do!:cool2:

OK, I checked the melt point and it was good for votives (130), so wax has been ordered (2#). Along with samples of:

Christmas Berry, Angel Wings, Christmas Buttered Rum, Christmas Memories, Christmas Tradition, Country Christmas Tree, Frankincense and Myrrh, Vanilla Spice, Snickerdoodle, Vanilla Cinnamon (10 for $20)

And:

Indonesian Teak, Ktima, Maduro, Magic of India

I'm so glad to hear that GL 70/30 is a really GOOD wax. You guys will be jealous but they are actually the closest supplier to me, south Grand Prairie. I'm just over an hour from them. When my pallet of GOOD 6006 is gone, I will sure give them a try. To heck with IGI. Carole