New Mold Pics!

mslegacy

I just had to share how wonderful this mold is. It was made by itsmejeff, and I have no complaints at all. Love this mold! Very thick, very sturdy, and by request, he also made me a lid for it. I have actually had this mold for awhile now, but havent had alot of time to test it. I have made 3 batches, 1 with the lid. No ashing of the bars so far! I think this lid will get lots of use! Anyways, here are the pics! I soaped my usual recipe, with pistachio dream cake from backwoods, and I also used my peacock dyes from my secret buddy! Thank you so much! I will add cut pics when I get some time!

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

Looks great!

Why is there a notch in the middle though?

Thanks,

Irena

The notch is for hardware that keeps the mold nice and tight. The hardware also locks the lid on. You can see the hardware and earlier pictures of the mold here. I've made many improvements to the mold since then but haven't had a chance to take and post pics.

I have one of his molds and I can't find where I hid it from myself :cry2:

You're always welcome to order another one, Julie. :D

The notch is for hardware that keeps the mold nice and tight. The hardware also locks the lid on. You can see the hardware and earlier pictures of the mold here. I've made many improvements to the mold since then but haven't had a chance to take and post pics.

You're always welcome to order another one, Julie. :D

Hmm I don't know how I missed you posting these before . What do you sell these for ? are you still working on the slab one ?

The prices really depend on what size mold you want and what options you want with it. The available options include a lid for $5, an adjustable cutting guide for $5 and an adjustable divider (so you can make 2 different batches of the same or different sizes in the same mold) for $10. The prices for my molds range from a 3 lb mold with no options for $55 plus shipping to a 6 lb mold with all the options for $90 plus shipping.

I also have slab molds available now. My slab molds typically run about $10 more than a comparable size log mold. The reason is that it takes so much more material. The only option available with them is the dividers that separate your batch into single bars so you don't have to cut them after you unmold your batch.

Best bet is to figure out what size bars you want to end up with and how many you want to get out of a batch, PM me and I'll give you a price for a mold customized to your dimensions.

The prices really depend on what size mold you want and what options you want with it. The available options include a lid for $5, an adjustable cutting guide for $5 and an adjustable divider (so you can make 2 different batches of the same or different sizes in the same mold) for $10. The prices for my molds range from a 3 lb mold with no options for $55 plus shipping to a 6 lb mold with all the options for $90 plus shipping.

I also have slab molds available now. My slab molds typically run about $10 more than a comparable size log mold. The reason is that it takes so much more material. The only option available with them is the dividers that separate your batch into single bars so you don't have to cut them after you unmold your batch.

Best bet is to figure out what size bars you want to end up with and how many you want to get out of a batch, PM me and I'll give you a price for a mold customized to your dimensions.

Cool ! Thank You :D

Yep, his molds are custom crafted, and are awesome! Very sturdy construction, and absolutely love this mold. Very well worth the money. I personally think he should charge more. More of these molds will be in my future, I will not order another mold except from Jeff. It is awesome!