Which wick burns hotter

If you read this on KY's message board, sorry for the duplication.

Am I correct in the order I have these wicks burning hottest in? If not, please correct me:

51 cotton being least hottest

HTP 83 next hottest

60 cotton next hottest

HTP 104 next hottest

62 cotton next hottest

HTP 105 hottest

Thank you.

As far as I understand it, I think there is some commonly some confusion about what we are talking about with questions like this.

Usually when you think about what wick will work for a particular candle, in terms of how quickly it uses up wax, how big a pool it will make, how big the flame will be, we are talking in terms of the wick type and size.

Sometime you will see references to how hot wicks burn. For instance, HTP wicks have a high burn temperature. This is a totally different thing. It refers to the combustion temperature within the flame and is pertinent to how well a wick can deal with a hard-to-burn formulation. Higher burn temperature equals more complete combustion, hence less chance of clogging and mushrooms in a challenging application. That's not relevant to, let's say, the ability of the wick to clean the walls of your container.

But yeah, in terms of comparing performance those Wicks Unlimited charts are useful. Sometimes it's hard to compare between wick types though and put them in order. The ROC number can give you a vague comparison but it gets more complicated than that.