Candlewic palm 1

If you bought it from Candlewic, you might want to call them to see what their recomendations are first.

But I know with the pillar feather palm wax you are to heat and pour around 180 degrees. If you let it cool more than that, you won't see the crystalizing patterns. I put the color and scent in a little before I pour it.

Are you doing pillars or containers?

Either way, palm wax is one of the hardest to get the wicking down. If you are not familiar with making candles, you may want to start with an easier wax. Just my opinion though. :smiley2:

Thank you for your time. I' am wanting to make small containers. I have different size RRD wicks and Eco wicks. I know I probably should have tried something easier but I always try the hard way first. Just like learning to swim I jumped into 12 foot of water and said do or die well I am still here thanks to a frog and watching him swim one time it was the only thing I could think of doing when I was drowning swim like a frog:smiley2:

Thanks Again

Alycia

Palm wax is great, but takes a lot of hit and misses. I have used all kinds of wicks and most of them work fine. The problem I have is keeping the wicks straight (when using spooled htp, cotton ect.) and avoiding leaks. Tried everything from plugs, screws, tape, sticky stuff. If your wick is not straight, your candle wax will not melt straight down, and cause a mess. I have finally found a solution. Wick pins are wonderful. And I use primed rrd40 wicks. Works great. Candles burn straight down (most of them, remember there are lemom candles too, nothings perfect). Hope this helps.