to the Mods! Is this possible?

tlc26

Originally Posted by tlc26

I think we should have a sticky post for people that are willing to swap soaps and such and then we can just go to it and find out who is willing to swap and then just pm each other to swap!

I might work out better than doing swaps like this for just one bar, and leave the set up swaps like this for multiple item swaps

Huh! Huh! Huh?

yea1 yea yea lets do it!

I am editing to try and make this more clear.

The one bar swaps are fun and easier than the larger swaps. I was thinking that we could have a thread for people to post thier willingness to swap just one bar or maybe a few. It might be nice for that poster to include what type of soap or b&b they make, that way people can pick and choose who they want to swap with if they may not be interested in certain types of products.

what do you ya''ll think?

Not meaning this to be the rain on your parade here, but I think it should also be added in there that you should take this just as you would a classified ad..There may be people you will actually "swap" with, and some that could leave you high and dry..... Cause I don't care what anyone says, there will be those one or two people that screw it up for everyone. Sorry if this pisses off anyone, just speaking my mind....

Not meaning this to be the rain on your parade here, but I think it should also be added in there that you should take this just as you would a classified ad..There may be people you will actually "swap" with, and some that could leave you high and dry..... Cause I don't care what anyone says, there will be those one or two people that screw it up for everyone. Sorry if this pisses off anyone, just speaking my mind....

I agree...

I understand what you mean... although I also can see people asking to trade and not following through, too. That could cause a lot of problems as well.

The nice thing about "organized" swaps is that there is some accountability, however quite often someone is either left with nothing or the hostess is waiting for slow boxes to arrive. Such is the nature of swaps.

A while back VickyCo organized a candle tester swap and kept the list up, I don't know if she is still doing that or not, though.

Bottom line, if I were a swap hostess, I'd keep a running list at the top of the thread crossing off who did or did not follow through with the swap. Like this:

Participants in red received their items:

swapper1

swapper2

swapper3

swapper4

swapper5

This way it is pretty obvious that number 4 didn't send to number 3. There is some accountability factor there.

Good points ladies! But I don't mean for an open running swap. I was thinking of a place you could list your name as willing to swap. Then people can pm each other, get info and then decide if they can/will/want to swap.

I've done lots of very informal swaps where I get a PM or send a PM that says "do you wanna swap?" Works out great. I have a whole stack of other peeps soaps just waiting for me to try and I love that. I would swap with you any time, TLC26, soap or other, does not matter. :smiley2:

e

Right, like Eugenia said - I've done lots of informal swaps. That works nicely, usually (except for the time I misplaced some soap bars - :embarasse)

But, hey, I have no problem having a list like that. It would kind of go along the same lines as the Classifieds, though - kind of "at your own risk" kind of thing. Maybe something we could just try for a few months and see what happens, you know?

Are ya saying you'd be willing to compile said list? ;)