Cold/hot throw confusion

:confused: I was wondering, I have ordered from three different (to start, now six) suppliers for fo and I use the gw 415 soy wax. I am curious as to what could cause some fos to throw and not others? I ordered some off of the list in the forum that throw in soy and some that I just wanted to try, But some not all off the list throw and some that arent on the list do throw. I have made them all the same (melt wax then put fo in at 170-175 pour when cloudy etc) oh yeah and used the proper wick with good melt pool after three hours (same jar sizes with all.) What am I missing? Its driving me nut with all these combos and stuff I dont want to have a million different types of wicks maybe that might be it I've tried three different type in all the same jars some better melt pool then others but same throw? HELP:shocked2: Thank to you that do THANK YOU THANK YOU:)

Welcome to the crazy world of soy :confused:

I've been making candles and tarts with soy wax of all types, blends and brands and I keep going back to GB415. What I have noticed about the 415 is that when you do find a scent that is compatible with this wax, it will throw like crazy, both hot and cold. It's the nature of the beast, some scents just won't throw in soy. I do have to say that I've had much better luck with scent throw since I've been using fo's from CandleScience.

I've been using the 415 for years...its just the way it is with pure soy, some scents throw, some scents don't, period! There is many many many scents that will throw super strong in this wax, it just takes time and testing of scents to find the ones that do! I have found way more scents that throw than don't throw! If you stick with the major suppliers you should have pretty good luck with finding scents that throw strong. Also for the 415 the CD wicks from BCN seem to work the best for me!