Container Help

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted in months, but I read daily. You guys are very helpful. I've just ventured into trying to make container candles. I usually make pillars. Anyway, I found a 3 inch square thick glass Libby container at Wal-mart and was wondering if anyone has every used it. Also, is it harder to properly wick a square container than it is a round container? Thanks in advance~

Guest Candelishis

I use those. They're not hard to wick. I use two wicks, kinda placed diagonally, across the widest part of the container (does that make sense?). I sell a lot of these - the smaller ones as well as the larger ones. They have a more upscale look since the glass is so thick and they're cut pretty neat. They look real pretty once they burn down and you can see the flame through the glass. But I use soy, and have never used paraffin, so I don't know if they would be any different to wick...HTH...

Guest Candelishis
Thanks! Do you use two wicks because it is a square container?

I use two because it's such a big container, and because it is square. I don't like the way square containers burn at first (with one wick). I think they're pretty, but I like the nice even melt pool on round containers. I made one with 4 really small wicks last week, and have been burning it at work, and may actually switch to the 4 smaller wicks. It is burning beautifully. So maybe try 4 tiny wicks. One huge wick will work, but it isn't a very nice burn at first. Once it burns down a little it gets better.