question on EO's

The only way to find out is to test- as EO's from different sources can vastly vary in concentration of carrier vs pure eo. But generally, with eo's one should work in drops of ml's rather than ounces. Price some out, and you'll see why :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get mine from WSP, I just started using EO's in 100% soywax. Another chandlier (I get advise from all the time uses these EO's also) advised me to use .5oz per 1lb wax (do to the strength of EO's). Add EO at 175* or at whatever temp you add your FO at w/ the wax you use.

Note: on another board someone was asking the same question and another chandlier posted that she read EO's in candles aren't safe- they can kill cats. Don't know that person or where the info came from. I did post asking where she got her info as I would like to read it. I've never hear this and it worries me I don't need to be killing anyone's cat w/ my candles :( . Has anyone else hear of this or know where to get this kind of info??

I have been manufacturing palm candles with only EOs for two years. I use peppermint and lavender (as listed on that site) and my cat is as happy as ever. My opperation is about 3000 pieces a year. I have never heard this until now and am not a believer. My kitty goes to the vet every year and is extreamly healthy...and 9 years old.

Just a note, on that site, they listed wintergreen. This is poison to adults and children. 10ml is fatal to children and 30ml is fatal to adults... I have never used it. Also, some people are simply allergic to lavender. It is also important to note that things like thyme occur in as many as 10 varities with different levels of the components that make them smell...

EOs are a fantastic alternative to FOs (burning floral-carbons make many of us very sick).

To answer the original question... 6-7ml per pound...and always buy in bulk wholesale...you'll never be able to afford retail

www.libertynatural.com