Cardboard Risers

Paulette

This may sound crazy, but another thing that works are the doggie steps. You can get them at Target for $20. and they are plastic instead of cardboard so they last longer. I just put pretty fabric over them instead of the cover that came with them. They break down easily if you don't have room to store them. Just another one of those "as seen on TV" products

This may sound crazy, but another thing that works are the doggie steps. You can get them at Target for $20. and they are plastic instead of cardboard so they last longer. I just put pretty fabric over them instead of the cover that came with them. They break down easily if you don't have room to store them. Just another one of those "as seen on TV" products

WOW...that is a great idea! Thanks so much for posting this!

:highfive:

I would have never known of these.....since I don't have a dog.

Another suggestion for risers...I frequently haunt my local kitchen supply store (which by the way is a wonderful source for candlemakers!) and found some of the risers which one would normally put in their cupboards (they say these are primarily used to neatly store spices). These have worked great for my shelves at the local craft mall.

Is that for only one though? I need several of them, so I think the cardboard ones will better fit my budget :D

thanks alot. I may have to order them. I asked in the classies if anyone had one to spare but nobody has come forward. I just don't need 4 of them but may have to go with that anyway.

I could check with Rockin as I think we're needing to replace some and maybe we could go in together.

I could check with Rockin as I think we're needing to replace some and maybe we could go in together.

We are getting to that point of needing risers, however, I have found that when you put up apprx 12 to 15 risers you get overwhelmed. Time to have some permanent one's made.

Will be looking how to get those made. The booth 3 spots down from us over the weekend had a wooden riser and it was cool. The gal said she can pull just a couple of pins and it breakdown for easy carrying. I did get pictures of it but not able to show it on this email. will have to send it to Scented and she can pass it on for look see.

The cardboard risers do work it is that we are beginning to out grow them.

Rockin

Guest Candelishis
We are getting to that point of needing risers, however, I have found that when you put up apprx 12 to 15 risers you get overwhelmed. Time to have some permanent one's made.

Will be looking how to get those made. The booth 3 spots down from us over the weekend had a wooden riser and it was cool. The gal said she can pull just a couple of pins and it breakdown for easy carrying. I did get pictures of it but not able to show it on this email. will have to send it to Scented and she can pass it on for look see.

The cardboard risers do work it is that we are beginning to out grow them.

Rockin

A few years back, my dad made me a set of wooden risers, with hidden hinges and a pin thing that pulls out of them from the back so that they collapse. I didn't ask for all that, but I'm glad he and his engineer twin brother thought of it, because lemme tell ya, lugging those things around in my little bitty car would be a huge pain in the behind. Wouldn't have enough room for candles!!! Find somebody you know who does woodworking, and ask if they can make you something. My dad has been a woodworker for 30 years, but he had never made something like that. After he did it, he made a big set of collapsible wooden steps, almost like a miniature deck, for him and my mom's camper. It's super cute!!! He said he was inspired by my risers.

A few years back, my dad made me a set of wooden risers, with hidden hinges and a pin thing that pulls out of them from the back so that they collapse. I didn't ask for all that, but I'm glad he and his engineer twin brother thought of it, because lemme tell ya, lugging those things around in my little bitty car would be a huge pain in the behind. Wouldn't have enough room for candles!!! Find somebody you know who does woodworking, and ask if they can make you something. My dad has been a woodworker for 30 years, but he had never made something like that. After he did it, he made a big set of collapsible wooden steps, almost like a miniature deck, for him and my mom's camper. It's super cute!!! He said he was inspired by my risers.

Cool. Now that is a inspiration.

I have a good friend that used to own a furniture/ hardware store. I will ask him if he would be able to do something like that. He made us a stand up shelf that I use indoors to hold our soap and other items. Works really well. Now I just need a trailer to haul it and then we could use it full time.

The 3 step and 2 step risers I do like and they do come in handy. When we ordered them the last time we received 5 per box and I believe they were around $19.95