Who's turn is it next for these soaping gremlins??

Meridith

I have about had it with these soaping gremlins! Lately, I can't get a batch of soap to turn out like I plan. I'm ready to send these soaping gremlins packing.

The first one is a new recipe I am trying out. This is my Hemp soap scented with Wendy's Vanilla Bean Noel on the bottom and Tennessee's Lavender Milk on the top. I figured the VBN would turn dark so I tried to make the Lavender Milk a lavender color but got an ugly gray. I put chunks of another lavender soap I made in the VBN. I'm still working to get the right amount of chunks in the soap. I also tried to do a thin line of unscented soap between the 2 layers. Darn soap turned out nothing like what I was going for. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON a good note, the VBN smells wonderful.

The second one is Tennessee's Cinnamon Forest. I've soaped this one before and forgot that it turns orange so my green and cinnamon red color swirl can not be detected. At least the soap smells great.

post-121-139458433362_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458433365_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the kind words but I think they are both butt ugly. The lavender vanilla one just isn't what I was going after so I am a bit dissappointed. The ugly gray color is now an ugly greenish tan and the VBN part has darkened just a bit more which I figured it would so no surprise there. On a good note, it smells wonderful and lathers like a son of a gun. I'm pleased with that since it is a new recipe for me. It is just frustrating to have a picture in your mind and then not get anything that closely resembles that picture. That seems to be what is happening with all my batches lately so I am passing the gremilins on to the next in line. Ugghhh!!!!

Don't give them that much credit! Bet your next batches are what you're looking for. Hoping so! I know how frustrating it gets. It's why I'm back to making candles for now lol.

You must be smarter than me since I just keeping soaping, vowing to beat these darn gremlins back into submission. All the while turning out crappy looking batches. But darn, I'm almost out of castor oil which is why I designed this new recipe. I actually soaped without castor!! :shocked2: I keep meaning to order more castor before I completely run out. Problem is, I just received an order which I forgot to add the castor to again and don't want to pay another shipping until I need other things. Ughhhh!!!!

DH likes the look of this one - the colors are actually turning out very masculine but just do not fit the scents.

Not smarter. I seem to have candle gremlins ... dye everywhere, mold problems, color problems, candles sticking. If I knew how to make something else I'd just bore these things to death or till they left lol. Wait! I could try salts. Hmmmm.

Castor oil ... the one thing I forgot to order too!

Thanks everyone. I agree that it is a great scent and colored soap for fall. Last time I made it too, it sold well. Unfortunately Tennessee no longer carries this scent. Even sadder is that it was a B&B safe cinnamon. But those darn soaping gremlins are still with me. :angry2: Not cool since I've got some fundraisers coming and they want soaps!! I know that even ugly soaps are great soaps, but they might not! :undecided