More molds

larrycat

I went to the Dollar Store Saturday and saw these leaf candles. I thought they might make great melts, so I figured I'd give it a try and make a quick silicone mold.

Thinking of Fall, I colored the wax orange and used Apple Spice FO; do they smell awesome!

Also, I attached pics of a teddy bear mold I made last week. It's a denim bear so I used blue as the color and painted his mouth and feet brown, as on the original. The basket I previously posted has since been poured and painted. What do you think? I'm not that great at painting, though!

I enjoy making molds that will produce more unique candles.

Thanks for LQQKING!:)

post-2370-139458433326_thumb.jpg

post-2370-139458433332_thumb.jpg

post-2370-139458433334_thumb.jpg

Are the leaves just orange? In the picture they look like they have different colors in them! They are awesome. If they do have different colors would you mind sharing how you do that? I have a leaf mold and for the life of me can not get them to look like a fall leaf. I have tried all different ways and nothing has come out right yet.

Thanks,

Devil Woman

Are the leaves just orange? In the picture they look like they have different colors in them! They are awesome. If they do have different colors would you mind sharing how you do that? I have a leaf mold and for the life of me can not get them to look like a fall leaf. I have tried all different ways and nothing has come out right yet.

Thanks,

Devil Woman

I never mind sharing any ideas about my candles. But, all I did was mix colors to achieve the orange that I wanted. The wax seems to be darker in the veins of the leaves, and I really don't know why. It does give them a much better look though, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks!:confused:

I kept looking at the "bear" but all I was seeing was a duck. I'm glad you cleared that up cause I wasn't seeing a bear anywhere. Those are very cute. Ginger

LOL...guess I better not try and post to this board when I'm tired!! Sorry guys, but I really do know the difference between them....I think!! :o

I went to the Dollar Store Saturday and saw these leaf candles. I thought they might make great melts, so I figured I'd give it a try and make a quick silicone mold.

Thinking of Fall, I colored the wax orange and used Apple Spice FO; do they smell awesome!

Also, I attached pics of a teddy bear mold I made last week. It's a denim bear so I used blue as the color and painted his mouth and feet brown, as on the original. The basket I previously posted has since been poured and painted. What do you think? I'm not that great at painting, though!

I enjoy making molds that will produce more unique candles.

Thanks for LQQKING!:)

Great job! but I swear that teddy bear has a duck beak! :D