How many are still using the GB464....

after we all tested it last year. I am going to finally be able to get some and have pretty much settled on using this wax.

Is it still as good as it was when we tested it? I was hoping for feedback from some who have used it this past year.

I did a search and read the entire test thread again but still would like to see feed back.

TIA

tootie

I wont be coloring any of my candles this time. I poured mine hot and really liked the fact that it can be poured hot. I quit coloring my candles and have had much better results. I was using KY125 (which is a GREAT wax) but CS is 100 miles from me. I was very happy they are carrying the 464 now i can go pick it up!!:D

tootie

I think I will be making my trip over there next week. My BF drives a truck and he may get a run to Miami so I will have to see when that will be. I will be going with him of course. We have friends in Orlando so a stop a Lobster Fest is a MUST:D

tootie

I use the GB464 exclusively and it works well for me. I do still color my candles upon request and I've cut down on my frosting issues by doing two things:

1) add 1/2tbsp coconut oil per lb

2) stirring constantly right up until its time to pour. I use an automatic stirring device for this so I don't have to just stand there and drive myself nuts with stirring :)

HTH,

Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie for the suggestions. I dont remember have too many frosting issues when i tested, but then again my customers were already accustom to the "strange" looking candles. I was using 9oz hex jars and 8 oz tins and no color then. I will be using 8 oz sq mason and 6oz tins and no color this time.

tootie

Thanks Ronnie for the suggestions. I dont remember have too many frosting issues when i tested, but then again my customers were already accustom to the "strange" looking candles. I was using 9oz hex jars and 8 oz tins and no color then. I will be using 8 oz sq mason and 6oz tins and no color this time.

tootie

If you have RRD wicks, try the RRD 47 in the mason and 37 in the 6oz tin.

Guest Candelishis

I use the 464 exclusively for my containers. I LOVE it. It is sooooo easy to work with!! I also live close to a great supplier, so I get it including delivery for about a buck a pound. Also, I started using some new wicks recently, from www.wickit.net. I really really like their wicks too!! They're fairly new, I believe, and they'll send you samples of their wicks for free upon request. they're very high quality. I love them. My wax supplier sent me a sample pack of about 100 wicks (3 of each kind in wickit's new 700 premier line) and I was hooked right away.

I had the samples of the premier 700's, I guess I was overwelmed with all the sizes. I tested a few and gave up on them. I use the CD's, I get them from KY since I have to use some of those FO's anyway. I am going to get the sample pack of ECO's on monday too. I tested these a while back with a soy blend and they were nice.

I went back and read the whole testing thread again and I think I have a good starting point for testing. I am only going to use 8oz JJ right and 6oz tins right now.

tootie

Guest Candelishis
I had the samples of the premier 700's, I guess I was overwelmed with all the sizes. I tested a few and gave up on them. I use the CD's, I get them from KY since I have to use some of those FO's anyway. I am going to get the sample pack of ECO's on monday too. I tested these a while back with a soy blend and they were nice.

I went back and read the whole testing thread again and I think I have a good starting point for testing. I am only going to use 8oz JJ right and 6oz tins right now.

tootie

Uhh..Yeah..when I got the sample pack from wickit, I was like "uhhh...phwew...where do I start"...but I have narrowed it down to 8 different wicks for my jars, and just one for votives. When I heard I was getting samples, I thought maybe 20 wicks? Not a hundred! But I kept working with them, and now I love 'em!

1) add 1/2tbsp coconut oil per lb

2) stirring constantly right up until its time to pour. I use an automatic stirring device for this so I don't have to just stand there and drive myself nuts with stirring :)

HTH,

Ronnie

OMG, I was dreaming about a stirring thing the other night. Went online but only found patents. Please tell me where to look. I remember a long time ago they made something for certain electric stoves that would stir for you. Always wanted that for making fudge now I need it for wax. Times change. TIA

I found two automatic stirrers (gotta have one!)

The first one, for home use, I found at several sites...

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060917/automatic-pan-stirrer/

Buy the Stir Chef here...

http://www.dynamic-living.com/stir-chef.htm

and here...

http://www.chefscatalog.com/catalog/product.aspx?scommand=search&search=9930&item=99930

This one is an industrial/laboratory device which also sports temperature control...

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Area_of_Interest/Research_Essentials/Key_Resources/New_Lab_Start_Up_Program/Promo/S_A_hot_plate_stirrer.html

HTH :)

Guest LightofDawn

Thanks for the link Stella, I started doing a little poking around on the web search for a coupon code for Chef's and guess what, I found "free shipping" with no minimum order. The offer ends September 20th. Here is the link that automatically generates the promotional code.

http://www.chefscatalog.com/home.aspx

Make sure that it says "Free Standard Shipping on any order through September 20" on the top right hand of the screen. If not, it will not give you the free shipping

Thanks Again

Dawn

OMG, I was dreaming about a stirring thing the other night. Went online but only found patents. Please tell me where to look. I remember a long time ago they made something for certain electric stoves that would stir for you. Always wanted that for making fudge now I need it for wax. Times change. TIA

I actually use a scientific lab instrument myself, they're called Hot Plate/Stirrers. As the name says, they combine hot plate functions (for heating my wax up to the right temp after I draw from my Presto Pot), and the stirring function.

The stirring function will only work if you use a glass, aluminum, or stainless steel pour pot, since the way its done is via an electromagnet in the base of the device. You place a teflon coated item called a Magnetic Stir Bar inside your pot, place the pot on the hotplate/stirrer, and set the speed at which you want to stir via a knob on the device. Viola! Works like a champ for me.

I bought mine via eBay - just do a search for "hotplate stirrer" and you should get some hits that way.

HTH,

Ronnie