Wax Question

Can anyone tell me if you can make votives out of 4786 wax? I am out of votive wax and I have a whole case of 4786 left. I am switching waxes for containers and I wanted to use up this wax. Thought I better ask before I start making votives out of it and wasting both wax and FO's! Thanks!:)

You can always mix that container wax with some regular votive wax and make tarts though. Container wax on it's own is just too soft for a votive. It may not even come out of the mold. But lots of people mix container and votive wax for tarts. Works great.

Thanks so much for the input. I guess that settles that! I will be making alot of containers with 4786! I like the wax, but you know how that is.....wanted to try one of these new blends---------just in case there is something out there that is better!

I've made votives with this wax - it was about 5 years ago, when I didn't know any better, but all I did was pop them in the freezer for about 5 minutes and they came out of the molds (also did it with 100% soy container wax - they also came out of the molds! LOL)

You can always try one or two and see what you think. I don't even remember what wick I used then, but at the time I wasn't making any containers, so every wax I owned was either turned into a votive or pillar :)

DanaE

Yes you can and I think it makes great votives. I prefer my votives a softer wax anyhow so it always worked good for me. Generally votives are considered container candles only you have to actually put them in the holder :shocked2: You know how the public works though! The votives are still firm to the touch when they come out of the mold. It's not a single pour wax it's a hard container wax I believe 128 mp. Lot's of votive waxes are right around this range. They should come right out of the mold.....If not pop them in a the fridge for a few minutes and lightly tap on the counter. If you have the right wick and a votive holder it will burn evenly.