Fugly Uglies

Meridith

This past week or so I have soaped some pretty fugly ulgy soap. They all smell great but boy are they hard on the eyes.

1. This one is scented with Jade Garden from BnL. Hubby and I made this one together. He didn't even suggest putting all kinds of crap on it and in it. Once we got done, he said that we should have put stuff in and on it. lol I've soaped this one many times and keep trying to go for an oxidized copper look. I've obviously got some work ahead of me there. The scent is wonderful and holds strong with no morphing.

2. 100% coconut oil bar with gm. This one took forever to trace and then I blinked my eye and I had this thick mixture that I made a miserable attempt to swirl in. I should know better! It is scented Tony's White Tea and Amber. I haven't used this one yet other than to wash my hands after I unmolded. I got a ton of lather just from the soap on my hands and it did not feel drying at all. The scent seems really light to me but hubby thinks it strong.

3. I soaped this one quite awhile ago. Since I was showing my fugly uglies and it IS ugly, I had to throw it in. This scent is so feminine and other than the discoloration, soaps nicely. I also put in a TBS of sea salt in the mixture.

4. Another salt bar of mine scented Awapuhi Seaberry. I don't think it looks that bad but I am not crazy about this scent. DH and DD just love it and it does sell well. This is the first time I put it in a salt bar.

post-121-139458433251_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458433255_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458433258_thumb.jpg

post-121-13945843326_thumb.jpg

That last one is ROCKIN'. :rockon: I have a few fuglies too... LOL Maybe we ought to start a post with all the fugly soaps we've made!! HA!

Sometimes the best soap we make are the ugly ones. Those are the ones that feel good on your skin and bubble like mad... they usually have the best qualites!!!!! Go figure!!!!

Lovin' your soaps Meridith!!! Bet they smell wonderful!

They do have character and fugly uglies do make nice soaps. But they really are ugly in person. It is the petunias that throw you off. lol I guess we all have to have our time with those blasted soaping fairies. I'm pretty finished with them. I'd say that they are soaping trolls!