Test batch of Anise (Licorice) Soap

MBShafeena

That is super cool soap, and I also love Black Licorice Soap! Wouldn't sell for me though!!! I have one concern.....the streaks in your soap, if they are powdered colorant, will it stain or streak the skin when you wash with it? I did this with blue in one of my soaps and it happened........

No the streaks aren't powder, I checked. I tried a piece and it was fine :D . I only made a very small batch because I knew the market for it wouldn't be big and yet ..... since I am also a horse breeder and have lots of critters, the other forum I belong to for horse breeding alot of people would use this soap after handling animals of all kinds so there is a limited market for it and of course for gardeners or fisherman or hunters, etc. This would be more of a handsoap than a body soap. Also for those that cook alot with onions and garlic...

Pretty soap! I like its look! :cheesy2:

Have you tried equal parts anise and vanilla? I've got a little bottle I mixed up with some eo's and it's nice. I don't think, as you said, the market would be big for it, but it's very pleasant and a little easier to like for those who don't like straight anise.

Very cool chunks!

I knew the market for it wouldn't be big and yet

Was reading a book recently and found out one of the smells that gets a "man in the mood" :D was licorice, along with pumpkin pie. Maybe you can use that as a selling point. :laugh2:

since I am also a horse breeder and have lots of critters

I think we could be twins.:) :) I have my miniature mare Opal under camera now.

Nice swirling soap.

I LOVE this look!!! Totally beautiful!! Are the little streaks the powdered anise, or drips of liquid colorant, or . . .?

I'm not a huge fan of black licorice as a taste treat, but the eo is wonderful to use. It's one of those fragrances you can add just a dot to a blend to give a fabulous new depth to the whole character. (Kind of like lemon juice in cooking.)

I am not sure what they are, they are darker so I am thinking perhaps the anise powder I added that mixed with the colorant but I did test it and no black came off and on my hands.

Since I have horses and am oftened at the feed store where I live... I approached them to see if I could put a few of these bars in their store when they cure. This feed store is not only for animal feed but for gardeners, farmers, fishermen, hunters, etc. Will let you know how it goes.

Tonight I am going to try a "whipped soap" wish me luck :D

That's a great name for it. Well I think Anise (Licorice) is a love or hate scent. You either ADORE it or absolutey LOATH it. I am in the ADORE camp but I can see it wouldn't be something that a woman would use as a body soap just before going into the office for the day, lol. I think it would be a great hand soap for those that cook with onions and garlic. I know I will use it as a hand soap at least after doing my stable chores and I being french do use alot of onions and garlic in my cooking so it works for me :D

I love the smell of anise too. It is very warming. I do not like the taste of black licorice though. Either way, beautifulll soaping!

That's a great name for it. Well I think Anise (Licorice) is a love or hate scent. You either ADORE it or absolutey LOATH it. I am in the ADORE camp but I can see it wouldn't be something that a woman would use as a body soap just before going into the office for the day, lol. I think it would be a great hand soap for those that cook with onions and garlic. I know I will use it as a hand soap at least after doing my stable chores and I being french do use alot of onions and garlic in my cooking so it works for me :D

Oh, I make orange anise kitchen soap and hand scrub with eo's, and people love it!