Waterproof labels for 2600n or 2605dn color laser printer ?

I am going this week to purchase either the HP 2600n or HP 2605dn color laser printer. I just got off the telephone with a salesperson from Staples who told me he did not think you could use waterproof labels in either of these printers. Now I am almost 100% certain that I have seen waterproof labels for color laser printers. Does anyone use either of these printers and use waterproof labels? Thank you.

I just got my HP 2600N two weeks ago and have some waterproof labels from labelsbythesheet.com

Gotta run errands, but I'll try printing some later today. Just so you know though, if using laser labels on a laser printer they are supposed to be waterproof anyway. I've made up a few of those so I'll try a water test too.

I have the 2600n, and use the waterproof vinyl labels (OL175LP) and clear gloss (OL175CL) from www.onlinelabels.com.

There ARE some tricks to getting them to work though. It needs to be on the Transparency setting. And you have to feed the label in from the outside port (you can't have the paper in the regular paper tray). Also, if you print too many pages at a time, and the machine gets overly warm, they'll start blurring again. Since I'm only printing a couple sheets at a time (I purposely make sure I space out my printing, even when I'm doing a lot), feeding it from the outside feed slot isn't really an issue. You get used to it.

But I LOVE this printer. It's been wonderful. And speaking of which, I need to price out a new black cartridge. Mine is finally getting low.

It is the slot in the front that feeds single sheets from the outside. It is labeled with a 1 on the center of the tray.

The easy way to look at it is the tray you want is the same place you pull to put paper into the inside tray.

Also, just to help if label help is needed we use the clear gloss labels from labelsbythesheet. The labels are not specifically called waterproof.

Basically any vinyl / plastic label will be waterproof with a laser printer due to the nature of the printer burning toner instead of spraying liquid ink.

HTH

One more thing... The black toner is on sale at newegg.com right now for $64.99 with free 3 day shipping. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817401052&Tpk=hp%2b2600n%2btoner

The black toner is on sale at newegg.com right now for $64.99 with free 3 day shipping.

MEAN MEAN MEAN!!!! I just ordered 25 lbs of Shea Butter and picked up several gallons of Olive Oil. I needed that more than I needed the cartridge. But I know I shouldn't put it off too much longer. I've book marked the link. Hopefully it'll still be on sale. And if not, it's still a decent price for their regular prices. I love newegg!