Update for those interested in wood wicks

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share some of my research and findings with all of you. As many of you know, wood wicks are available through a few suppliers right now. I spoke with a representative from DaynaDecker/Lumetique (the original creator of woodwick, or "EcoWood" technology, and they basically told me this. Old Virginia licenses the technology from them, they are the only company allowed to use their woodwicks, unless you private label directly through Dayna Decker as a co-branded product, but, quantity minimums start at 2,500 pieces (yikes!). The wood wicks available from other suppliers are not those used by Old Virginia or developed by Lumetique. The representative told me they have bought and tested the wicks other suppliers are selling, and she said in all honesty, they are down right dangerous. Now, of course they would say that, since they are the original creators, and obviosly do not like knock-offs, but she went on to explain that there is a specific method for the manufacturing, curing, cutting, and treatment of these wicks, to prevent out of control burning etc. So, if you plan on using these wood wicks, please be careful, and also beware, that Lumetique actively pursues companies who use the term wood wick, or Woodwick in any variation. So, I'm kind of disappointed, as I wanted to try and use the wood wicks, but, looks like I'll be sticking to the old fashioned way!

i have tried both and while i thought the wicks suppliers are selling were pretty bad, i didn't think WW was much better. neither are something i would ever want in my candles. if they were so great, why didn't they keep on through the centuries?

thanks for sharing the info...