DH Never Ceases To Amaze Me..

thesoapbox

I have been making b&b products and soap for about 9 years now. Started out with MP and moved on to CPHP..still scared of CP after my first fiasco lol! Anyways, I have been married to my husband for close to 14 years so he has been around when I started this craft. Now, I had tried to delve into the business aspect of it a couple of times just to be let down by a military move. Now that we are finally settled with no moves looming over us, I opened up shop.

Now, we went to the Partylite show last night and we were talking about the spa line on the way home. He asked why I didn't buy any because he knows I am a freak when it comes to b&b stuff :o . So I explained to him that it was just way too expensive and I could make it just as good!

He goes.."well, why aren't you making it and selling it sheesh!":shocked2:

My mouth just drops rofl! So I explain to him, dearest pie..I am doing that now I just am not in the proper range to carry all the products that I would love to have! (like this convo has never come up before :rolleyes2 ) I said I would need at least $500 to make and carry a bit of the stuff that I would like to add to my site. (I don't have tons of scents yet, just 9 eo blends and 1 fo atm)

He actually says..well, when I get my bonus for the couple of guys I just recruited you will have that money so you can add the salt/sugar scrubs and body butters! :shocked2:

Thank God I had my seat belt on or I would have fallen right out of the car lol!

SO, now to see if he holds up his end of the bargain :D

I will be happy though cause then I can work on the fall line that I have rolling in my head!

Angi

I hope all goes well for you in this venture! It's nice to have a supporting spouse.

Hubby's can be interesting

Just reminded me I made a shave cream after months of research and hubby liked it...next thing i know he buys shave cream at trader joe"s :confused:

He then tells me, oh this shave cream has the same consistancy as yours...

:confused: :confused:

He did the same thing with soap...I think he is trying to discourage me sometimes.

Hasn't stopped me though!!!!!:D

Good luck to you!

It just floored me because he was talking like I had never ever ever shared what I had been doing omg! Like our dining room is not full of soap and wax supplies lol!

It reinforced my general arguement of ..you never listen to me! :D

I remember testing out some peppermint/eucalyptus fo and the boys were a bit younger. I put the bubble bath with this fo in their tub, they didn't say anything. But the next night my middle child says..mom, please don't give us the toothpaste smelling stuff! rofl! I guess I used too much fo!

Anways, I am getting my list ready now so when he says he got paid he is getting the list LOL!

Angi

I hope all goes well for you in this venture! It's nice to have a supporting spouse.

Hubby's can be interesting

Just reminded me I made a shave cream after months of research and hubby liked it...next thing i know he buys shave cream at trader joe"s :confused:

He then tells me, oh this shave cream has the same consistancy as yours...

:confused: :confused:

He did the same thing with soap...I think he is trying to discourage me sometimes.

Hasn't stopped me though!!!!!:D

Good luck to you!

Mine would have done the same thing except he would have bought the old Barbasol for 99 cents and tell me that it was cheaper lol!

Angi

:undecided Laugh? Cry? Smack 'em one? Men aren't just from Mars, most of them still seem to be living there. Makes you want to carry a recorder on you at all times so you can just play back conversations at them, doesn't it? Very cool about expanding - you've got all kinds of talent & now the support (however clueless the source, lol)! :highfive: Go for it!

I have often noticed that, generally speaking, men are oblivious to the details that consume us womenfolk. Not bashing men -- they have their strengths, we have ours. The flip side is that the details which often consume us can sometimes make us lose sight of the big picture, and guys generally are good at keeping that perspective.

JUST GENERALIZATIONS, natch. Nobody get their undies bunched up here on account of Big Bad AJ's opinions, k? :laugh2:;)

Anywho, I'm happy he is supportive and willing to assist you in your goals. Cool dude! But yeah, I know what you mean about sometimes feeling like he's not paying attention. Pffffttt! Frustrating sometimes!!

Oh get this, Made soap yesterday, hubby walks in and asks, "did you make my soap yet?, I only have two bars left" My head is just spinnin on that one. I say yes honey this is soap you can use, smooch smooch!!

Suprisingly , he has his own special soap that i make just for him...but what he really means is I don't want any of that botanical stuff in my soap.

So cute!!! sometimes

Most men honestly can't grasp the concept of us making the products. They say why would people buy from you when they all seem to buy from Bath and Body Works, Yankee etc.

Once they go somewhere and SEE what the prices are, maybe even try what others are selling, THEN it becomes THEIR idea and they say, honey you should be doing that lmao

My ex and I are really good friends. He made fun of me for making the stuff. For his birthday, I made him up a gift pack from my grandson. He came back telling me he can't use any other shower gel or lotion because they dry his skin out and mine doesn't. He even said my candle smelled better than the ones he has been buying. HELLO, why do you think I started doing this? lmao

lol Jami

When I started making soap, hubby kept buying trader joes soap cause its cheap! and swore it was the best . But when he finally tried my soap , he said it was the best soap he had ever used. So then he buy's soap again :confused:

ok what's up, he thought maybe I forgot how to make soap all of a sudden?

I tell him I am making soap so don't buy it anymore! He says oh ok.