OK, a basic screwup and I need help on fixing

Not a big deal, but I've never been this stupid before, lol.

I needed to pour 7 candles for an order and I had just enough FO for the order. So I calculated the ounces of wax I needed, multiplied it by 7 added in the weight of the pot that I pour in from my presto to get total weight so that I make sure I get the right number of ounces..... and then I divided by TWELVE to get the weight in pounds. :angry2:

So I pour my wax, added FO let cool to slushy stage and poured into my set up containers. And all of a sudden I had a LOT of wax left over, lol! And I realize because of this I've poured at a lower percentage FO than I want.

So I poured the wax back into the pot, and I've let it cool completely because I need to do an emergency order to Peaks to get more FO.

So my question.... what do I do when I get my FO.. just heat the wax until it melts and add the rest of the FO to get to my normal load.. (I need to add another oz and a quarter, already 3 oz in wax). Or do I need to get the wax back up to my normal pour temp to add remaining fragrance oil? Do I have to be concerned with FO evaporating during the re-heat? Ie: should I add more FO than I normally would?

When responding, please start your response with "Dear Stupid" :D

TIA

Pfft ... we've all screwed up royall now and then so don't be hard on yourself :-)

Personally I would reheat the wax the way I would if I had never poured it in the first place. Get it back to the normal temperature that you add your FO and proceed as you usually would. It's no different than had you poured into the wrong size containers and had to melt the wax out and repour, except this time you're adding more FO before you pour again :)

Ronnie

RS, I'm with Ronnie on this one. If it were me (and I have made this same mistake :o), I would reheat the original wax mix as if you were making the entire batch for the first time, then add your extra FO at the same temp you would have done in the first place, etc. Ain't no way I am gonna call ya stoopid, cause I have done the same thing and worse! Learning how to make candles right is an art in itself, but so is learning how to save a batch when ya mess up!;) :DDooDoo occurs and so does brain fade...:tongue2:

Nah - unless you heat it up REAL high, I don't think you will lose an appreciable amount of throw... besides, there's only so much oil that your wax will hold and even if some of the fragrance disappears, the oil is still in there. I think it'll be just fine and no one will ever know but us and I ain't talkin'!:lipsrseal:D