wick?

I am making a soy wax candle in a wide mouth pint mason jar, - diam is 3in and I am using a cd12 wick from ng and it seems that is is not melting wax all the way to the edges

My wick is for 3 1/2 in diam. jar... not sure what to switch to.

Help!

Thanks

I am making a soy wax candle in a wide mouth pint mason jar, - diam is 3in and I am using a cd12 wick from ng and it seems that is is not melting wax all the way to the edges

My wick is for 3 1/2 in diam. jar... not sure what to switch to.

Help!

Thanks

I bet CD16 would do the trick, maybe a CD14. It can vary by fragrance, but I use cds and even my easiest burning soy I don't go below CD14 for a 2 7/8" inch tumbler.

I had to go all the way up to CD20 in a 3 1/8" container and then I didn't like the huge flame or the huge shrooms...but that's what it took to get to the edges on the 2nd burn and burn the entire candle with a great HT. I personally don't like the CD's for the larger containers.

I had to go all the way up to CD20 in a 3 1/8" container and then I didn't like the huge flame or the huge shrooms...but that's what it took to get to the edges on the 2nd burn and burn the entire candle with a great HT. I personally don't like the CD's for the larger containers.

What would you suggest for the 12 oz wide mouth mason jar.

Is it 3" diam? I don't use those jars, so I don't know what the diam is. If it's 3" I'd start at a CD18, If you don't like the CD's try the cotton wicks. I found that the 60C and 62C work well in the 3"- 3 1/4" containers. They shroom on the first burn (sometimes 2nd burn), but they do well to the bottom of the container. Honestly, I've yet to find the "perfect" wick...if they burn well, there are the issues of shrooms and droppings...so I'm learning to live with shrooms! As long as they don't smoke, those go into the trash! I should have also mentioned that my containers are straight sided and sometimes that makes a difference.