Website update....input needed

Ok i have upgraded my website to HCM PRO. I have changed the font on my buttons since some people have said they were hard to read. I made a few other minor changes. Please let me know how it looks.

Also can you guys see the "about us" part. I can't see it but HCM says they can??

I am still working on getting pictures of all of my products but i have most and yes i am "borrowing" pictures from peaks until i find some on istockphoto. I only have them in the what's new section and will not use their pictures when i start to sell them.

Hi,

I have always thought your website was very pretty. Love the black and white look! I am always attracted to Becky's (StudioBeck's) graphics. You have done a great job!

Pictures are a pain in the butt. I am not done with mine either. :o It looks like you are a lot faster at it than me.

When I checked the about us page it was blank for me too.

Did you use to have DIY? Do you find your current supplier better?

Again, great looking site, and I wish you the best with your business.

~Holly

Hi holly,

I didn't start with DIY. I have always been with HCM and i like them alot. It is just her and her husband Frank but they always respond right away and try to take care of any problem I may have. I love it. I really like the HCM Pro version too. lot of features...

thanks for the luck! :D

I love the look of you site overall. To be perfectly honest with the pictures you have on the homepage, to me do not express what you are trying to get across on the site. They do not do your products justice. Otherwise it is a beautiful site.

I love the look of you site overall. To be perfectly honest with the pictures you have on the homepage, to me do not express what you are trying to get across on the site. They do not do your products justice. Otherwise it is a beautiful site.

I have to agree with Cindy. very nice over all.

Okay, maybe just one long shot like your banner, maybe a little wider, more colorful, a nice group shot. Maybe not even going across the whole page. Ahh I just looked at you gift sets, maybe something along that line, those shot look nice, doesn't have to be in a basket.

I like the black and white too. It makes pictures pop more. Speaking of pictures, it it were me, I'd either stick with showing the product OR showing a picture of what it smells like and not mix them on one page. You may have some problem showing a bottle of Chanel No.5 on your site. It could be copyrighted but I'm not sure about that. Also, some one who is law suit happy MAY try to say they thought they were getting a bottle of Chanel No.5. Maybe I'd just paranoid these days but I try to think of the worse/stupid case scenario.

I'd suggest some pictures that are extreme close-ups for the front page. No background -- that just detracts! Also, maybe pick more subjects that aren't white -- there is so much white on the page and with the white background... the product kind of just blends in.... blends away.

I like the layout! To me, HCM's layout is very easy to navigate. :cool2:

Hi,

I just checked your site again and I like the basket picture better.....adds texture and color. However, you may want to enlarge it a bit. You will have to try and see how it looks. I am by no means an experienced website builder and trying to figure out things on my website as I go along as well. :o

If you enlarge the picture a bit, it will most likely make the picture clearer. I don't like it when it becomes slightly blurry after the size is modified. Mine did that to -- the smaller pictures of the candles under the candle section on my site. I believe there is a way to take the picture so it is clearer for a smaller size. I think it has something to do with what the resolution is set at on the camera when the picture is taken. I have to monkey around with mine to figure it out. I do not know much about taking pictures. I lost our book of directions for our camera, and I for the life of me could not get the date off! I had to leave it on! ugh I will have to monkey around with it more.

In the end you will get your site looking just right! Hey, no pun intended but it worked out that way! :D

Just a thought.....

On your Air Freshener page, you have one product with a drop down menu of the scents.

On the other pages (wickless jars and the melts), you have each scent listed seperately.

Why is that?

JMHO, of course, as a customer, I'd rather see one vibrant picture with different sizes/colors, etc and a drop down menu, than be faced with 3-5 pages of each scent listed out with, basically, the same picture, just with a different color wax. KWIM? Just my thoughts there.... :tiptoe:

No "About Me" page for me either.

Aren't Sharon and Frank the BEST??

Donna

Holly,

sureeeeee no pun intended....:laugh2: Yeah i think i may have to use another picture becuase when i try to enlarge it it looks blurry.

Angel,

oh yeah i am sure chanel #5 is copyrighted....:wink2: I am waiting to make one so i can take a picture of the actual product. As far as the fresheners i guess becuase they are blanks and i only make them when they order that i see it as them choosing the scent hence the drop down menu. I have the candles already made so they just choose which one they want. If i did drop down for every item i would only have 4 photos. LOL I don't know maybe i will make the car fresheners each scent too. At least i would not have to make each one...i would just print a label for each and take a picture.

The about us is fixed now and i just need to add to it.

Thanks for all of the input guys!

I like your theme, but the inconsistency of photos seem to stick out to me. While I appreciate photographing your product is very time consuming, I think your product would be better presented if they were consistent. For instance, your wickless candles should be photographed the same way for each scent. Same size, with the cap on or without. As I said, it's time consuming but I think it would produce very good results.

P.S. I'm redoing my site now and I'm making product to photograph--ugh, it's alot of work.

Overall the site looks nice and is easy to navigate around in. I just don't care for the black and white. Looks too stark and colorless to me. I had more of a feeling of just wanting to get off the site rather than stay because it just isn't inviting without any color. I would also make the product pics a bit larger. Many of them you can't read the labels or really get a good look at some of your things. And your products are so nice its a shame the site has no warm inviting feel without some color. JMO