Vanilla beans

CareBear

Deprending the the quality of the beans, you might use them for potpourri and on wreaths. If you are getting plump new beans then they are best to make your own vanilla sugar and vanilla extract. i found that once i started making my own, i baked ALOT more often, Lol, :)

This is from Southern Soapers site. You can get some vanilla beans there should you decide you like them and find a use. This might be a good a source - but I've never bought them from there so I don't know. I've been very happy with the FOs from there. Those I can vouch for! I just remembered seeing the vanilla beans there before.

"... can be used for making vanilla extract, Kaluha liquer, you can grind them up and add them to sugar scrubs, or you can just use them for your holiday baking! One customer puts one in a sock and pops it in her clothes dryer to create wonderfully vanilla scented laundry! I put one in my Tupperware canister of sugar, and have Vanilla Sugar year round. You can add a piece of vanilla bean to your coffee grinder and have vanilla Coffee."

thanks - I got a BUNCH coming from a co-op. LOVE the laundry idea.

I did too. And since seeing that idea, I've been eying those vanilla beans on the site. Grinding some in coffee sounded pretty darn good too. I grind beans everyday for my coffee press. I see some vanilla beans in my future.